Only Cyrodil?

Reathon

I have recently obtained the mods that fill in Eleswyr(awesome!)and fill in Hammerfell(also awesome!)and the game engine has no problems supporting them. My question is, if we can do it, why didn't they? Why only fill Cyrodil in when they could have done more? I'm not saying I don't apreciate Cyrodil, but it is a bit small in the grand scheme of things. (PS, is there a sumerset isle mod, that would be cool!)

They also made Shivering Isle :P

Seriously, though, there was no narrative need for the main quest to go outside of Cyrodil, so it didn't. Given budget and time restraints, if you get too ambitious with world building in a single player game, you end up with towns populated with even worse mannequins than what we ended up with.

I supose but they could have made more expansion packs that would adequtly do the job. Shivering isles was good but it was also outside of cyrodil, so the rest of the map remains blank. Like i said got nothing against them cyrodil is great but it's a bit to fancy for my tastes not rugged enough. It dosen't give the feeling of medievil times.

If they would include all other regions it would disable all sequels. They all included everything and thats bout it then.

Since you like these mods I think I can help you with that :)

SovVm (Morrowind region)

Skyrim

Black Marsh(German)

Valenwood(German)

Summerset Isles would be extremly easy to mod,just add portal or a ship or something and just add the landscape. So I guess Summerset Isles will be made soon.

Since these mods mentioned above are made by diffrent authors,there is a SLIGHT possibilty they will collide and go kaboom.

(Wright DV on the german once)

Yeah, making their game with absolutely ALL the regions sort of removes the point of having a series, doesn't it?

And it would probably of came out like next year if they tried to make a good-quality game THAT big... And it might kill my computer... I'm happy with it alive right now ;)

And it's not like the game was supposed to give you a feel of "medieval times". If it was, it wouldn't be The Elder Scrolls, right?

:P My figuring probably doesn't make much sense to you people.... lol...

No, i hear you you, im just saying that i don't think that a good quarter of the population should be running around in silk undewear. Snd i guess im stupid but i cant get the damn faces on the posts to work.

Heck, now that i think about it rakeria, now one(that i know of) knows to terribly much about summerset isle. there are a few landmarks mentioned in books but that is it. Maybe i'll see what i can do about adding it.

Well, i wasn't familiar with the TES series untill Oblivion so i didn't know much about the other provinces. But then i played Arena and there's a nice explanation and intro wich uses all the provincess.

I must say it slipped my mind to extend oblivion over Cyrodill, but in 3 years i have the game (i don't have any Offical plug-ins - SI and KoTN) i have atleast 1/4 of the original landscape to exlore and thus when in game i simply forgot about traveling overboard.

But know that you mention it, maybe i'll try those mods :)

I still think that Bethseda did a great job with the region landscape.