ℹ️ Download History temporarily unavailable ×

Companion Mod

Highlord90

I've recently made a mod that adds Workers (Or Slaves depending on which esp you use) to Oblivion and have been asked if I could add NPC's that you can hire. I get how to place NPC's and make them follow a day to day package but when it comes to companions I'm at a loss.

I'd like to be thorough so here's a description of my idea.

The Skyrim Companion system is a perfect example for hiring a servant, like when you hire a mercenary to follow you around you can do the same to a few NPC's that hang around inn's in every city and will accept a one time payment for services rendered until they are let go in which case they demand a severance pay. You can just kill the NPC and keep your money because a new one will respawn.

Some people, however, have expressed a desire for slave workers to buy so for them I'd like it to be roughly the same idea except the only way to rid yourself of a slave is to free it (in which case it becomes a simple servant and can be hired with gold) or kill it like with the mercenary. Also you have to talk a Slave Merchant in the Imperial City to buy the Slave and once that's done you approach the slave and tell it to follow you.

I won't be adding this option for the working prisoners mod.

If someone could post an explanation on how I do this or even send me a link or esp to reference from then I'll be grateful.

Naturally any contributors also get a mention

Edited by Highlord90