How to add a holotape with sound??

Iv000

I need help!

I am making a big mod for fallout 3 and i need to know how to add sound to the holotape!

You know like when u click it it plays a voice.

I think its called audio note but whatever.

Can some one help me please!!!

When i add a sound to the misc/sound and choose a wav file there is no sound!

Please help!

I did that by adding the holotape recording to an NPCs list of dialogue. Then when the holotape is activated it is referenced to that dialogue, even though the NPC never uses that line.

You could check out the Supermutant Capture Team holotape recording in the Return to Shady Sands mod with the GECK if you get stuck, but it isn't that tough to do, so you may be able to figure it out without needing to do that.

Have you looked at an existing holotape to see how it is done? It is fairly straightforward. You need to be a little more specific about where you are running into trouble.

I create a new holotape

Than i create a new sound file

than i create a new sound file in geck (miac/sound>RMB>new)

Than i add the new sound file with "add sound"

BUT THERE IS NO SOUND!

JUST please step by step how to make a *NEW HOLOTAPE WITH new AUDIO*.

I was not recommending that you use the sound file that I made, only trying to explain the process that I used to add a new soundfile to a new holotape. And I meant only that you look at my mod to see how I did it, so that you might UNDERSTAND THE PROCESS in case that the method I used could work for your own unique sound file and your own unique holotape in your own mod.

There might be other ways to do this sort of thing. All I can say is that the method that you have tried doesn't work, and the method that I have tried to describe to you does work. Use it or not, that is up to you. Please don't shout at me for trying to help you out.

I was not recommending that you use the sound file that I made, only trying to explain the process that I used to add a new soundfile to a new holotape. And I meant only that you look at my mod to see how I did it, so that you might UNDERSTAND THE PROCESS in case that the method I used could work for your own unique sound file and your own unique holotape in your own mod.

There might be other ways to do this sort of thing. All I can say is that the method that you have tried doesn't work, and the method that I have tried to describe to you does work. Use it or not, that is up to you. Please don't shout at me for trying to help you out.

Sorry.

I didnt mean to shout.

I was in a hurry!

I will look at your mod. :thanks:

ok...how can i look at your mods?

Whats your name at FO3 nexus?

And again sorry for the shouting i dont know perfectly english so im sometimes confused.