Cheat Codes not working for Fallout

represents

A few questions:

1. Why wont the player.additem codes work? I have tried numerous times and I always get a "Sys......................" cant remember the rest, message.

2. I think I installed NiteM4re's M4A1 mod correctly, but the code doesnt work, so I dont know if it will work. Plus if someone knows how to actually install that mod and can help me, I would grateful.

I know I sound like a noob, but I know for a fact that it has nothing to do with an Infared sensor on my computer, seeing as how I do not have one.

player.additem XX****** n (con)

XX - number of the mod (only the actual vanilla version is 00, the rest requires an input of 01, 02, 03, ..., 0A, 0B, 0C, 0D, 0E, 0F, 10, 11 ... etc.)

****** - the six hexa-digits of the item's BASE code. e.g. Sugar bombs are 08C551 (though, if the first few numbers are 0's then you could, for this case, just type in 8C551)

n - the amount of that particular item that you want

(con) - NOTE: it is not neccessary to input this. If you do not add this in the weapon/armour's condition will automatically be at 100. I don't think that it'd work with non-equipable items.

EXAMPLES:

"player.additem 00020799 50" (is the same as "player.additem 20799 50") adds 50 mini-nukes to your inventory

"player.additem A6F77 1 85" adds a T-51b Armour to your inventory with a condition of 85

"player.additem 03003A02 1"

"player.additem 03003A03 1"

These two lines will add a Chinese Steal Armour and a Chinese Steal Helmet (sim version) to my inventory with a 100 condition. NOTE that my OPERATION ANCHORAGE add-on is listed in the mod index as 03, hence the 03 beginning.

Unless the item you want to add is from the vanilla fallout 3, you will have to enter all the hexa-decimal values of the item (the eight digits).