Auriel's Sword

Ashengrace

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloodcursed arrows are cursed (the tip is dipped in vampire blood, Serana can do them for you) for a reason: blocking out the sun. The bow does not have a bloodcursed counterpart. Only the arrows do.

Yes, I found out this just today. At some point, some months ago, I was somehow misinformed to believe that the bow and the shield had BC versions, don't ask me how that happened.

I suppose it goes to show I should play the Vampire faction on my next character.

Damn this script, i give it up...maybe i add the sun effects later after my break or whatever. Though the rest of the mod is quite finished.

BUT Ashen, since the initial request was made by you i can send you the mod - i might just change some minor things like ingredients, names, values...if at all, if i do so you can simply replace the .esp with the final mod's version. Main reason why i'm not uploading it now because creating the mod page / video / screenshots takes at least 2 hours and i have to do stuff in RL.

If you want it i can send it to you via PM. greetings

Edited by ghosu

That is unfortunate you weren't able to get the script to work, but its all good, i plan to use the regular arrows and bolts for the most part anyway. It'll be awesome when it all does get finished and working, but you need to take your break haha it can wait until you return.

I'll be more than happy to take what you have done so far though :laugh: so you can shoot me that PM whenever you're ready

I've send you the link.

http://666kb.com/i/cmmaab3zpkepdcn0t.jpg

You can find the weapons in the chest behind the Statue at Auriel's Temple, if you don't know how to get there you can use the console to teleport there or simply add the items.

COC DLC1TEMPLEENTRYCELL

and

COC RIVERWOOD

to teleport there and back

HELP AURIEL

will show you the item codes

PLAYER.ADDITEM code 1

will add it

Ammo is craftable at the forge / MISC.

Blazing/Sinister versions are the normal ones.

greetings

Edited by ghosu

This is now my favorite Dawnguard mod. Thank you :D

A minor detail, maybe it would be more appropriate to use a snow elf chest. There is a special design added in the DLC:

http://images.uesp.net/f/f1/SR-icon-cont-Snow_Elf_Chest.png

If I may make a suggestion, although I know you are already having trouble with the bow script, I think that it would be amazing if you could add an effect similar to the bloodskal blade to the swords (making them shoot a streak of light when used for a power attack). The effect could be used (if it can be figured out) to activate the Auriel sun effect. (perhaps you can talk to ChizFoShiz: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32237/ about the bloodskal effect) As for the placement in game, perhaps you could make it so the pedestal that you take Auriel's bow from acts as a crafting station, where you can convert the bow into the different weapons?

Thank you for taking the time to read my suggestions, I cant wait to see this mod released!

Edited by HeirOfTheSeptems