Eat/use upon activation

SilverNirvash

this is a weird one for me because i understand how the game works with this. But i still find it a bit odd that in order to use a potion for instance, you must pick it up, put it in your inventory, then go into your inventory to use it.

imagine the animations that would go with this whole process lol

-picks up flower for alchemy-

-opens satchel-

-puts it in satchel-

-closes satchel-

-reopens satchel 2 seconds later-

-goes through satchel to find flower-

-tests flower for effects-

this whole process is far too long just to try or use something so i was wondering if it were possible to make a mod that gives you the option upon activating it to try and or use it rather than shoving it into your backpack for later use.

If i'm running away from a group of bandits because of low health and i come across a health potion i'd have to run up to it put it in my bag then take it back out to use it to heal while at the same time running from them there's no logic or realism behind that. I'd rather run from my enemies while grabbing and drinking the potion at the same time because no one would go through the trouble to put it in their bag just to pull it back out immediately after putting it in there while trying to avoid damage lol.

So i was thinking it would be a pop up option that asks if you'd like to use it immediately or put it in your inventory for later use. I think it would work better this way even if it pauses the game for a second to choose.

any thoughts? any one up for the task if it's possible to even do?

hmmm well i was thinking it would be circumstantial depending on your situation. So if you've taken damage it would ask if you'd like to use it immediately rather than putting it in your inventory automatically. And if you're looking at picking up herbs and stuff if you haven't found all the ingredients effects yet itll ask if you'd like to "taste it" or "test it for further side effects" to get an additional effect from it to use in potions. Makes being an alchemist a bit more interesting rather than playing the guessing game or looking for recepies and stuff to figure it all out.

this is a weird one for me because i understand how the game works with this. But i still find it a bit odd that in order to use a potion for instance, you must pick it up, put it in your inventory, then go into your inventory to use it.

-opens satchel-

-puts it in satchel-

-closes satchel-

this whole process is far too long just to try or use something so i was wondering if it were possible to make a mod that gives you the option upon activating it to try and or use it rather than shoving it into your backpack for later use.

If i'm running away from a group of bandits because of low health and i come across a health potion i'd have to run up to it put it in my bag then take it back out to use it to heal while at the same time running from them there's no logic or realism behind that. I'd rather run from my enemies while grabbing and drinking the potion at the same time because no one would go through the trouble to put it in their bag just to pull it back out immediately after putting it in there while trying to avoid damage lol.

So i was thinking it would be a pop up option that asks if you'd like to use it immediately or put it in your inventory for later use. I think it would work better this way even if it pauses the game for a second to choose.

sorry i forgot to quote your comment otherwise you wouldn't know i responded lol

-opens satchel-

-puts it in satchel-

-closes satchel-

Got a alpha build, did you want to test it? :)

-opens satchel-

-puts it in satchel-

-closes satchel-

Got a alpha build, did you want to test it? :smile:

zomg yays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please yes! :3

this is a great idea, will you be making this public? already have a lot of hotkeys mapped but hold a key+activate to use stuff off the ground would be awesome

-opens satchel-

-puts it in satchel-

-closes satchel-

Got a alpha build, did you want to test it? :smile:

zomg yays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please yes! :3

Haha, ok I'm swamped with school this week so give me a few days and I will get somthing up and going. Dont think the mod will be public yet, as it will take some time to root out the bugs. You might just have to message me your email so I can send you the mod if you want it.

Right now I have it so if you grab something off the ground (not out of barrels or chest) it auto equips. If you try to harvest a plant that you havent harvested before, it will ask you if you want to try it instead of putting it in your bag. I can add in the hotkey thing too, that's pretty easy. Sorry it's taking awhile. I'm trying to do this mod along with a coin drop mod and an immersive potions mod the same time... and there's only so many hours in a day. :)