Good PC games...

katashy

guild wars is all about items, making them or finding them ect its better if you have all the addons and have some friends play with you , i was on my own .......... got bored after a week put the game in the loft .......

Im not a fan of MMOPRGs at all. I played Diablo 2 online fanatically, bu when WoW, Guild Wars, Warhammer online, etc etc. They all just seemed the same, all uninteresting and boring.

Plus I despise the idea of paying monthly just to play a stupid game online. I did it for Hellgate London and will never make such a mistake again. All that time building and planning and unkillable Blademaster only to have the servers shut off. I was highly upset.

Anyways.

Oh are you a fan of the Gothic series?

Gothic 3 is a good choice for open endedness.

The game world is MASSIVE and there are no loading screens at all.

The combat is a bit lousy and difficult to get used to, but visually the game is outstanding imo. Ive played it through several times now lol.

I would say the original Sin game. while yeah, it isn't too free-roaming, you do have the option to do certain missions and to not do others, and sometimes can do a few in a specific order. Jumping from level to level and back to an older one in that game isn't too uncommon.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/1313/

Do you like to play rts? If so, then I would consider Starcraft: Brood Wars. It's probably the most balanced rts game ever created! Competitive online gaming, rich single-player storyline, and made by one of the most dedicated companies, Blizzard!

Check out one of the best online competition website for Starcraft - > www.iccup.com

You can also enjoy the international community websites dedicated to Starcraft here - > www.teamliquid.net and www.gosugamers.net/starcraft/