Girl Gamers

Herculine

I agree, for I also see if people simply accepted the differences in others, regardless of gender, race, creed, religion, or orientation, then this world would be a much better place to live. However, someone always manages to throw the monkey wrench into the stew, and creates conflict as a result of jealousy.

With that said, there won't be a time - no matter how far into the future one goes - that there will ever be equality amongst people. All we can do is simply move on past those would seek our demise. To strive for the greater good, instead of becoming like them. There will always be two sides of the fence - it's up to each person to make their choice whether they want to live in peace or live in chaos.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, for I also see if people simply accepted the differences in others, regardless of gender, race, creed, religion, or orientation, then this world would be a much better place to live. However, someone always manages to throw the monkey wrench into the stew, and creates conflict as a result of jealousy.

With that said, there won't be a time - no matter how far into the future one goes - that there will ever be equality amongst people. All we can do is simply move on past those would seek our demise. To strive for the greater good, instead of becoming like them. There will always be two sides of the fence - it's up to each person to make their choice whether they want to live in peace or live in chaos.

You're right about jealousy. We are here at the heart of the problem, become conscious of equality between men and women could already be too much for some people living in the "being the best of both sexes" ego trip, the same is true of self-seeking or egoistic persons.

As you say it's up to everyone to make choice about to live in good or wrong way, you're right about it, but living in chaos would lead on self-destruction for human kind, we really don't need that, and before everything we must spare no effort for building a livable world for our children, girls and boys, every single one of them, and never-say-die.

We must be well aware of our responsibilities. I've made my choice.

This is true. There can not be progression without inequality.

Now, before you report my comment on a whim, take time to read what I have to say.

I'm all for equality and equal rights. All I'm saying is that the world needs to be more like a salad mixer instead of a melting pot. A world like that in Harrison Bergeron by Kurt Vonnegut wouldn't be very pleasant.

People should have equal rights, but everyone should not be skilled in the exact same things.

Going back to the original question at hand, I got a slight chuckle out of the image, only because it's so stupid. ^_^

I'd love to see more girl gamers. I've gotten my butt whooped by several girls in video games before. Unfortunately society has created a whole new type of stereotype that this next generation will have to work hard to look past and get rid of. Luckily, this next generation (myself included) is generally open to new ideas.

Cheers,

gman021

I have to wonder sometimes, if guy gamers are more sensitive. I jumped online to play Rainbow 6, V2 last night, and got kicked 4 times for being a girl who plays better that the guy hosting...(which happens often) It's like clockwork. If I hold back, and let him get more kills, than there's not usually a problem. The moment my numbers go up...problem. And when that doesn't happen, I get talked to dirty. It's annoying. I don't even really like going online anymore. I was in the habit of just going without a mic, but then why should I silence my voice?

I remember when Species5478 posted this. It ran so truly to the point for me. I debated an answer to its question, but left it at the time. In the meanwhile, I had my own situation to live through. Here is one sample from just one person with whom I must coexist, if that's what it is. I've editted bits for the sake of propriety, but the text is there.

'as u can c the (group to which they belong in caps) are still here and i don't need u i said sorry get over yourself...IM STILL RICAN STILL SEXXXY AND STILL RICH (I hadn't asked and what it had to do with anything..) all i wanted was u simple b_tch u f_cked up don't forgive me lick my b_ll

So what happened? This person requested to play Saints Row2 with me in co op mode on Xbox Live. Ever the optimist, I consented. However, I was careful to state my preference to not chat verbally while playing beforehand. They eventually grew restless about this and sent umpteen letters urging me to speak and do other things (you can imagine what). I thanked them for the game and took my leave. Well, that only convinced this person to inundate my inbox with pleas (to play with them again) and even rather nasty comments by their supposed girlfriend that she was woman enough for him. And on and on. I just sat back and smiled at the amateurish tactics being employed. The person would insist that they would never write to me again, etc., but somehow my inbox would receive either pleas or nasty jibes; anything to have me accept them again.

Today, I wrote the above quote back to them. It made no impression. They insisted that I was bitter and angry and that it was my fault for declining to speak with them. I suggested they not flatter themselves overly. It goes on. Interestingly, however, I've never seen women behave or choose to twist the experience of gaming in that manner. I leave it to you to ponder whether it reflects on some inadequacy those males may have with women when off-line.

In answer to Species5478, I would say to make your own choices. Don't let anyone impose their idea of how gaming should be experienced on you. And for me, I keep mine in reserve.

-Kitten

P.S. And furthering what Species5478 said about kills. This person is ranked high in solo play, but perhaps plays on Casual Difficulty. In my game on Hardcore they had to be resuscitated quite a few times. Hmm...

P.P.S. Sorry, and I know it's vain of me to mention it, but it seems that with this post I am now a Veteran here. I was happy to have made my hundredth post, not realising its significance, when the changed dawned on me. So now I am beaming and feel happy, even though I would wish the occasion wasn't marked by the nature of this particular post. Still. If you could see my smile.. : D

This is true. There can not be progression without inequality.

Personnaly, I wouldn't said that, as inequality is not ethically the finality of it. Inequality in general meaning leads to conflicts and then we are telling about quite the contrary: regression.

In all domains of thought or existential facts, an evolution may be real when differences are the amplification factor which strives for new ideas. Change in ideas, development, evolution make humankind progress.

I'd love to see more girl gamers. I've gotten my butt whooped by several girls in video games before. Unfortunately society has created a whole new type of stereotype that this next generation will have to work hard to look past and get rid of. Luckily, this next generation (myself included) is generally open to new ideas.

I agree, and this is what we tell progress and evolution. :thumbsup:

Today, I wrote the above quote back to them. It made no impression. They insisted that I was bitter and angry and that it was my fault for declining to speak with them. I suggested they not flatter themselves overly. It goes on. Interestingly, however, I've never seen women behave or choose to twist the experience of gaming in that manner. I leave it to you to ponder whether it reflects on some inadequacy those males may have with women when off-line.

In answer to Species5478, I would say to make your own choices. Don't let anyone impose their idea of how gaming should be experienced on you. And for me, I keep mine in reserve.

-Kitten

P.S. And furthering what Species5478 said about kills. This person is ranked high in solo play, but perhaps plays on Casual Difficulty. In my game on Hardcore they had to be resuscitated quite a few times. Hmm...

P.P.S. Sorry, and I know it's vain of me to mention it, but it seems that with this post I am now a Veteran here. I was happy to have made my hundreth post, not realising its significance, when the changed dawned on me. So now I am beaming and feel happy, even though I would wish the occasion wasn't marked by the nature of this particular post. Still. If you could see my smile.. : D

A little edited but I love all what you said here, girl you rocks! :thumbsup: kudos given

-Kitten

P.P.S. Sorry, and I know it's vain of me to mention it, but it seems that with this post I am now a Veteran here. I was happy to have made my hundreth post, not realising its significance, when the changed dawned on me. So now I am beaming and feel happy, even though I would wish the occasion wasn't marked by the nature of this particular post. Still. If you could see my smile.. : D

A little edited but I love all what you said here, girl you rocks! :thumbsup: kudos given

i agree,she is a woman with valid arguments and opinions. I've already kudo'd her *wink* shame I can't do it again.

Ahem, gosh, thanks Fifoo.

i agree,she is a woman with valid arguments and opinions. I've already kudo'd her *wink* shame I can't do it again.

Dezdimona you are very kind. I will send my thanks through PM to your account. Now, let's scoot along before anyone is further put to the blush. : )

-Kitten

I have to wonder sometimes, if guy gamers are more sensitive. I jumped online to play Rainbow 6, V2 last night, and got kicked 4 times for being a girl who plays better that the guy hosting...(which happens often) It's like clockwork. If I hold back, and let him get more kills, than there's not usually a problem. The moment my numbers go up...problem. And when that doesn't happen, I get talked to dirty. It's annoying. I don't even really like going online anymore. I was in the habit of just going without a mic, but then why should I silence my voice?

I remember when Species5478 posted this. It ran so truly to the point for me. I debated an answer to its question, but left it at the time. In the meanwhile, I had my own situation to live through. Here is one sample from just one person with whom I must coexist, if that's what it is. I've editted bits for the sake of propriety, but the text is there.

'as u can c the (group to which they belong in caps) are still here and i don't need u i said sorry get over yourself...IM STILL RICAN STILL SEXXXY AND STILL RICH (I hadn't asked and what it had to do with anything..) all i wanted was u simple b_tch u f_cked up don't forgive me lick my b_ll

So what happened? This person requested to play Saints Row2 with me in co op mode on Xbox Live. Ever the optimist, I consented. However, I was careful to state my preference to not chat verbally while playing beforehand. They eventually grew restless about this and sent umpteen letters urging me to speak and do other things (you can imagine what). I thanked them for the game and took my leave. Well, that only convinced this person to inundate my inbox with pleas (to play with them again) and even rather nasty comments by their supposed girlfriend that she was woman enough for him. And on and on. I just sat back and smiled at the amateurish tactics being employed. The person would insist that they would never write to me again, etc., but somehow my inbox would receive either pleas or nasty jibes; anything to have me accept them again.

-Kitten

P.P.S. Sorry, and I know it's vain of me to mention it, but it seems that with this post I am now a Veteran here. I was happy to have made my hundredth post, not realising its significance, when the changed dawned on me. So now I am beaming and feel happy, even though I would wish the occasion wasn't marked by the nature of this particular post. Still. If you could see my smile.. : D

This person you speak of... he sounds extremely insecure and quite immature. I should know as my girlfriend's online brother treated her in this manner, except it was over his love for her of all things...

Anyway, this is very disgusting behaviour. It sickens me to hear when some stupid d!ck treats people like poo just because they don't give him the attention he apparently "deserves". And this behaviour seems to arise even more aggressively towards women than men - especially if the individual expresses interest in the woman (this is referring to a heterosexual male - I've known women to treat other women this way if they are bisexual/lesbian). This causes pointless drama, and needless stress. All you can do is block them and hope they don't hound you from a different email address. And if they know where you live, you better hope they don't stalk you...

I don't believe, without a shred of doubt, that girl gamers are more sensitive - it's apparent male gamers tend to take things WAY too seriously. As I stated before, I play games because it's fun - I would much rather have fun than to always have to be the winner. I don't have an ego to maintain, and anyone who knows me well enough can vouch for that.

And I'm sure you're smile is pretty Kitten :] Keep posting and soon you can change your title to something of your liking ^^