Girl Gamers

Herculine

@ Fifoo,nicepic

rob_b Posted Today, 09:30 PM

QUOTE (dezdimona @ Oct 8 2009, 12:42 PM)

a man with aheart and not ashamed to hide his feelings.Thats a man... are you taken by any chance?

*blush* I have feelings like everyone else, why hide them from people?

And to answer your question... well, um... yes and no.

Don't blush,is a compliment ans a simple question

yes and no means you are but looking...lol

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Fifoo,nicepic

Huh, really? Thanks... Hairs are shortened yet, because of my job, and I'm shaved (Lol) :biggrin:

[Edit]

Oops, please understand: "shave off", sorry, bad translation :whistling:

And I would loved to be as long-haired as my avatar... but this is off topic.

a man with aheart and not ashamed to hide his feelings.Thats a man... are you taken by any chance? :whistling:

Dezi, he might just be the one I'd fight you for!

But then, something can be said for sharing as well...

This is true. There can not be progression without inequality.

Personnaly, I wouldn't said that, as inequality is not ethically the finality of it. Inequality in general meaning leads to conflicts and then we are telling about quite the contrary: regression.

In all domains of thought or existential facts, an evolution may be real when differences are the amplification factor which strives for new ideas. Change in ideas, development, evolution make humankind progress.

Yeah... I realize now that I should have worded that differently. It should have been "without differences."

Inequality does indeed lead to regression. It is difference that is important. Everyone should be equal, but different.

Unfortunately, most girls nowadays see videogames and say, "Boring. Let's talk about something else, like fashion."

Now, while this may sound sexist, it is unfortunately true. Heck, just the other day in school, a girl in front of me was talking with her boyfriend, and he brought up the subject of Pikmen. She was listening intently, until the words, "It's a video game" were uttered. She immediately said, "Ugh! Why is it that guys always talk about video games?" She then turned to her friend and started talking about fashion and clothes.

That ^ is the stereotype that needs no be gotten rid of. To put it in simpler terms:

Video Games + Boys = Awesome --> Video Games + Girls = Boring (the latter one needs to be fixed).

However, this does not mean that all girls NEED to like video games. I know several guys that don't like video games. It all depends on how you are raised, and how the popular media affects you.

a man with aheart and not ashamed to hide his feelings.Thats a man... are you taken by any chance? :whistling:

O.O Oh my... There's no need for fighting girls. Especially over me... I'm sure we can work something out...

This is true. There can not be progression without inequality.

Personnaly, I wouldn't said that, as inequality is not ethically the finality of it. Inequality in general meaning leads to conflicts and then we are telling about quite the contrary: regression.

In all domains of thought or existential facts, an evolution may be real when differences are the amplification factor which strives for new ideas. Change in ideas, development, evolution make humankind progress.

Yeah... I realize now that I should have worded that differently. It should have been "without differences."

Inequality does indeed lead to regression. It is difference that is important. Everyone should be equal, but different.

Unfortunately, most girls nowadays see videogames and say, "Boring. Let's talk about something else, like fashion."

Now, while this may sound sexist, it is unfortunately true. Heck, just the other day in school, a girl in front of me was talking with her boyfriend, and he brought up the subject of Pikmen. She was listening intently, until the words, "It's a video game" were uttered. She immediately said, "Ugh! Why is it that guys always talk about video games?" She then turned to her friend and started talking about fashion and clothes.

That ^ is the stereotype that needs no be gotten rid of. To put it in simpler terms:

Video Games + Boys = Awesome --> Video Games + Girls = Boring (the latter one needs to be fixed).

However, this does not mean that all girls NEED to like video games. I know several guys that don't like video games. It all depends on how you are raised, and how the popular media affects you.

This sounds like a case where the guy and girl are polar opposites - I don't know what the entire "opposites attract" thing is all about, but I wouldn't be with someone who liked everything I didn't. You're bound for constant conflict, which is definitely NOT healthy...

I like that women are getting more into games now than ever before. It shouldn't be a gender-related issue as it's always been.

indeed sister,there is! :whistling:

O.O Oh my... There's no need for fighting girls. Especially over me... I'm sure we can work something out...

:woot: A "game" party is starting! Girls vs Boys! But two against one... No chances for us on the paper boys... But with "positive focussing"... Let me coach you my friend! (Lol) :biggrin:

:woot: A "game" party is starting! Girls vs Boys! But two against one... No chances for us on the paper boys... But with "positive focussing"... Let me coach you my friend! (Lol) :biggrin:

I welcome your insight my friend - I still have a lot to learn, I'm just a kid for crying out loud. :S

I welcome your insight my friend - I still have a lot to learn, I'm just a kid for crying out loud. :S

The deal is not to win, but to play the best we can... with esteem... and fun!

The deal is not to win, but to play the best we can... with esteem... and fun!

And we love to play! (This is still about video games, right?)