Anyway to bring down the Silverbloods and Blackbriars?

TlwsTeg

Again, I don't understand why you'd want to, and if anything, makes me want to praise Bethesda's talent for characterisation even more that they arouse such strong feelings. Simply put, I find the selfish, condescending, greedy characters in Skyrim far more refreshing than the "good guys", pretty much all of whom sound like Heimskr after a while.

Again, I don't understand why you'd want to, and if anything, makes me want to praise Bethesda's talent for characterisation even more that they arouse such strong feelings. Simply put, I find the selfish, condescending, greedy characters in Skyrim far more refreshing than the "good guys", pretty much all of whom sound like Heimskr after a while.

Maybe my character is arrogantly deciding to create a power vacuum in those provinces so s/he can step in....Why settle for being a thane when you could start pushing your way to High King....then Emperor.

Maybe my character is arrogantly deciding to create a power vacuum in those provinces so s/he can step in....Why settle for being a thane when you could start pushing your way to High King....then Emperor.

Because that's not possible? Even if Jarls die, you won't replace them.

Because that's not possible? Even if Jarls die, you won't replace them.

Who wants to be a Iarl? It's entirely possible the Moot can pick whomever they want to be High King.

Well, there is a mod that involves ridding Riften of crime, and in the process hurting the Black-Briars politically.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/23098/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D23098&pUp=1

And I suppose if you really wanted, you could download a mod that allows you to kill essential characters, and just take both families out that way.

As for any effects on the story, nothing will really change. Skyrim doesn't really have any real consequences.

I hate leaving either of those families in charge of their province...so is there a way to bring down one or both? (Crossing my fingers)

I think you could have one of them banished if you give Riften/Markat over to the other side during the quest Season Unending. Which should send them in to exicle once your side reclaims said hold.

Regarding annoying npcs, I have occasionally offed the obnoxious son of the Jarl of Riften. He can occasionally be found doing weapons practice outside when he's all alone. Very satisfying to stick an arrow in him. I also take great delight in wiping out Thalmore prisoner details and patrols. Thalmor are just so easy to dislike. One of these times I'm gonna install the mod(s) which enable me to overthrow the Jarl of Falkreath. That would be great fun. I also enjoy assaulting the Black Briar country estate/lodge. On occasion some anonymous npc is reported to respond to that with a message to come and see them. I've never gotten one of those but it might be interesting to find out what that's all about.

• 2 weeks later...

On YouTube someone styled 'Tlevids' wrote

"the Silverblood family are vile: in my main playthrough I made sure to kill/drive them out of the Reach (which you can do if you play your cards right during 'The Forsworn Conspiracy', 'Escape from Cidhna Mine' and the civil war)"

so maybe there are more options out there than I realize.

By doing the "The Forsworn Conspiracy" and helping the forsworn escape from Cidhna Mine you already broke most of the silverblood family power. And you still get the chance of kill Thonar, the "center" of the family.

So, as long as you dont side with ulfric, replacing the jarl, they have no real power left.