fose is not working...

keylek3

i recently downloaded fallout script editor, so i can play some new mods with it, but fose is acting up for some reason, every time i click on the fose launcher, it says that i have an unknown version of fallout, which makes no sense, because it is a normal fallout 3 game. it then just says that i should download fose again, but i have done but the same thing. it is installed in the correct place...

C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout 3

i know how to install a script editor, like i have been playing oblivion for several years now, so it can not really be anything to do with me. i do have a vista though, but my oblivion script editor works fine though, so i also do not think it will be that either. so please, if anyone has an idea what it maybe, please tell me, i really want to play the mods what i have got recently like the enclave commander [new one] and also things like a drivable tank and also a drivable motorcycle. so please help me if you can...

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know if this helps, or is related...

Today i tried to start fallout and it kept hanging in the loading screen or after I clicked on load game.

Never had a problem before. lol

Then i tried without fose for troubleshooting and it worked.

Then i realized that I was using fose v1

On silverlock fose site it says fose v1_1_beta9 is the current stable and fose v1_2_beta1 is the current beta

http://fose.silverlock.org/

When i installed v1_1_beta9 it works fine again.

I still have no idea why fose stopped working for me suddenly but you might try updating fose anyway.

I had Fose trouble recently when I reinstalled & updated fallout3 to version 1.7. I noticed that the "fose v1_1_beta9" I dled first was missing a few of the .dll files so I had to re-download/get the full package for it to work.

the odd thing was that I didn't get a "unexpected end of archive" error when I opened the "botched" "fose v1_1_beta9".

• 8 months later...
My game was playing fine. I uninstalled and reinstalled the dlc pack (anchorage, pitt and Broken Steel) it said I had an unknown version of fallout.