A problem with souls

threefoldmind

Some reason I can't eat Dragon Souls. Like I have a few mods in, including SkyRe, Hunterborn, Frostfall, Real Needs and Diseases, Skyrim Patch, Dragonborn Patch, Ultimate Combat, Run for Your Lives, and When Vampires Attack. These didnt cause me any problems before and it wouldn't be a problem but I am trying to slay the First Dragon and it wont let me.

I also had this problem and the only mod I had in common with you is Frostfall. For me, it was a mod load order issues. I ran BOSS once, it changed the load order of several mods, I ran Skyrim and I could absorb dragon souls again.

Okay I am a little overwhelmed by BOSS, can someone explain what I am looking at?

These plugins are recognised by BOSS and have been sorted according to its masterlist. Please read any attached messages and act on any that require action.

• Skyrim.esm Active
  • Update.esm Active
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}
    • Contains dirty edits: 92 ITM, 3 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • Dawnguard.esm Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 619 ITM, 82 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp Active
  • HearthFires.esm Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 184 ITM, 11 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp Active
  • Dragonborn.esm Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 61 ITM, 8 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp Active
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev}}
  • ApachiiHair.esm Active
  • SexLab.esm
  • Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp Active
    • Note: If you using version 2.0 of the unofficial patches but you see this message you need to download this file: userlist.txt. After the download you need to copy this file to your 'BOSS\Skyrim\' folder or add the contents of this file to an already existing userlist.txt. Just ignore this message after updating any preexisting userlist.txt or copying the file to your 'BOSS\Skyrim\' folder.
  • Chesko_Frostfall.esp Active
  • Hunterborn.esp Active
  • Hunterborn_Dawnguard-Patch.esp Active
  • Hunterborn_Frostfall-Patch.esp Active
  • RaceMenu.esp Active
  • RaceMenuPlugin.esp Active
    • Note: RaceMenuPlugin is optional and provides support to alter Height, Breast, Glute and Biceps. If you experience issues with it, disable RaceMenuPlugin.esp and inform the author.
  • SkyUI.esp Active
  • SkyRe_Main.esp Active
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Relev, Delev}}
    • Note: If lockpicking is not work then try to delete 'interface\lockpickingmenu.swf'.
    • Note: To make aiming easier add the following lines to Skyrim.ini:
    • Note: [Actor]
    • Note: fVisibleNavmeshMoveDist=12288.0000
    • Note: [Combat]
    • Note: f1PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.64
    • Note: f3PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.64
    • Note: fMagnetismStrafeHeadingMult=0.0
    • Note: fMagnetismLookingMult=0.0
  • SkyRe_Combat.esp Active
  • SkyRe_EncounterZones.esp Active
  • SkyRe_EnemyAI.esp Active
  • SkyRe_EnemyScaling.esp Active
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Relev}}
  • SkyRe_StandingStones.esp Active
  • SkyRe_Survivalism.esp Active
  • Run For Your Lives.esp Active
  • When Vampires Attack.esp Active
  • Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp Active
    • Note: Do not clean. "Dirty" edits are intentional and required for the mod to function.
  • Killable Children.esp Active
  • Killable Children - Quest Important Protected.esp Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 11 ITM, 0 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • Proper Aiming.esp Active
  • RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp Active
  • RND_Dawnguard-Patch.esp Active
  • RND_HearthFires-Patch.esp Active
  • RND_Dragonborn-Patch.esp Active
  • Hunterborn_RND-Patch.esp Active
  • RND_USKP-Patch.esp Active
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Relev}}
  • UltimateCombat.esp Active
  • JulesRankPerks.esp Active
  • SkyRe_Races.esp Active
  • ReProccer.esp Active

BOSS isn't sorting the unofficial patches correctly. The Unofficial Skyrim Patch is loaded below the Unofficial Dragonborn one, which is why you aren't able to absorb dragon souls.

Note this bit from BOSS, it tells you how to fix that:

• Note: If you using version 2.0 of the unofficial patches but you see this message you need to download this file: userlist.txt. After the download you need to copy this file to your 'BOSS\Skyrim\' folder or add the contents of this file to an already existing userlist.txt. Just ignore this message after updating any preexisting userlist.txt or copying the file to your 'BOSS\Skyrim\' folder.