ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Things about Oblivion that make you roll your eyes

Megatarius

the physics engine. it's called havok, but i prefer to call it loony tunes.

example: you have a very high speed attribute, run off a cliff and tread thin air for several seconds before falling. very much like wile E. coyote does in roadrunner cartoons.

example #2: you drop a warhammer from a high place and then jump off 5 seconds later. you hit the ground before the hammer does.

also dead people fall slower than living people

realistic my a##!!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the physics engine. it's called havok, but i prefer to call it loony tunes.

example: you have a very high speed attribute, run off a cliff and tread thin air for several seconds before falling. very much like wile E. coyote does in roadrunner cartoons.

example #2: you drop a warhammer from a high place and then jump off 5 seconds later. you hit the ground before the hammer does.

also dead people fall slower than living people

realistic my a##!!

not no mention awful collision meshes

did someone notice that items do not stay on furniture, but they rather levitate over it?

Or when you (while running, but sometimes even walking) pass by a table and all items fly away like in an explosion?

sometimes lipsynch is very bad, but i can live with it

being threw out of the mages guild even if being archmage for hitting some annoying scholar...

The entire leveling system (concerning items and enemies)

"I've finally completed a long and hard dungeon, maybe found an interesting item, I press spacebar to the exid door and suddenly..."

my desktop, WTF?

have lots more but many have already been said...

What makes me roll my eyes is the modders, why always someone has awesome modeling mods, but they are male/female only and leaves the other half ugly as hell. Im not gay, but come on, how all vanilla male ingame guys have chicks with double D breast and stuff. Thats why when I now installed the mods, I skipped the part of looking for any model mods... until I decided to try and play the game and was like "omg these all are ugly as hell". :/

So, now I got "MaleBodyReplacerV4" and OMOD of "Complete Bab Body NUDE" (No I didnt find non-nude one :( but it also replaces some cloths).. And all I wanted was face mod but those werent the ones.. gah. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Similar to the above, I've recently started on the "Thievery In The Imperial City" mod, and had set off to 'acquire' some items. "No problem" thinks I, "I'll don my 30% chameleon ring and cast my 75% chameleon spell, nip in, snatch desired item, then be off before you can say "I saw a mud crab the other day". Easy as pie!".

So I wear the ring, cast the spell, and as I move to open the door, a guard walks by and says "Good to see you!" Like... huh?!

So anyway I enter the premises, a tavern, and as I'm sneaking about stealthily, that darned barkeep watches me (I'm still at 105% chameleon) and follows me around and up the stairs...

Put another way, what's the point of 100% chameleon and being completely invisible if NPCs will still 'see' where you are?

Boss battles make me laugh. Because... they are easy as pie... The final boss in the Shivering Isles main quest line was easier to kill then the trash that spawned before him. Goblin warlords and head shamans are harder to kill then any boss in the game IMO.

• 1 month later...