Things about Oblivion that make you roll your eyes

Megatarius

You save the world from Lord Dagon, you save the mages guild from mannimarco and become guildmaster, you do the same for the fighters guild....You are champion of the dragon order and the damn guards still tell you to "move along citizen." Do you know who I am? How bout a "yes sir, how may I help you?"? Or even just a simple salute?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Elder Scrolls: Goldeneye. I like it much better.

Somebody turn on paintball mode? ;)

You save the world from Lord Dagon, you save the mages guild from mannimarco and become guildmaster, you do the same for the fighters guild....You are champion of the dragon order and the damn guards still tell you to "move along citizen." Do you know who I am? How bout a "yes sir, how may I help you?"? Or even just a simple salute?

Oh my god, that bugs the hell out of me. I'm standing there in my Archmage robes with my Imperial Dragon boots and gauntlets under it, my house is an icy tower deep in the icy mountains, I could cast one spell and vaporize him, and all he says is "Move along, citizen." And the Palace guards in White Gold Tower are still acting like menopausal reference librarians. "Keep quiet in the Imperial Palace!" You'll keep quiet when you're a pile of ash, n'wah. I have another character that was fined for assaulting a guard because he called the lord of Castle Almgard "citizen" and got a good slap.

Thank goodness for mods that get rid of the vendor comments.

They have those? Why has no one told me of this? :wallbash: Are there mods for the other stuff too, like to make everyone stop telling me that Robert's Body is fantastic (Look at the muscles on me!) or that I am, indeed, wearing armor from the Dark Brotherhood and am therefore probably up to no good? (Yes. Yes, I AM a sneaky-looking sort, but you don't need to tell me that. You're risking your life just by seeing me.) I would see these mods, and use them, and weep with happiness. Please? :)

Thank goodness for mods that get rid of the vendor comments.

They have those? Why has no one told me of this? :wallbash: Are there mods for the other stuff too, like to make everyone stop telling me that Robert's Body is fantastic (Look at the muscles on me!) or that I am, indeed, wearing armor from the Dark Brotherhood and am therefore probably up to no good? (Yes. Yes, I AM a sneaky-looking sort, but you don't need to tell me that. You're risking your life just by seeing me.) I would see these mods, and use them, and weep with happiness. Please? :)

I use Living Economy which has a lot of different options for trading, and one of those includes removing the vendor comments. It's one of the esp choices. (No Barter Chatter)

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4432

I haven't used either of the next three mods so I can't vouch for them. Best to check out the user comments first and keep backup saves.

No More Annoying Comments about Your Skills

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4774

No More Annoying Merchant Comments - Oblivion and SI

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=13299

No More Annoying Messages

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1846

I just don't go to close to NPC's so they can't talk to me unless I want them too. My characters are a bit anti social... :biggrin:

Why do I always have to be either just released from prison or just escaping/released from prison? Why can't I just be someone walking down the road at the beginning of the game?

look up "Alternative start" arrive by ship.

I just don't go to close to NPC's so they can't talk to me unless I want them too. My characters are a bit anti social... :biggrin:

Mine are too. I've had several characters who've murdered anyone who spoke to them. "You're a sneaky looking--BLLLLAAAAARRRGHHHH!"

Thanks for those links--they work great. :)

-Prison start

-Inappropriate things people say

-Argonian bodies

-Repetitive speech (Especially merchant comments)

-Lack of respect for your faction rank (Especially if it's the Shivering Isles)

-More non-imperials than imperials in the Imperial Province

"You're a sneaky looking sort."

"Yes, I suppose I am. I mean, I AM jumping across rooftops while wearing dark, flexible armour, weilding a bow, and about to cast an invisibility spell. But none of that should concern you. Now, pipe down before I send an arrow through your eye."

While I am not one for criticizing such a great game, there are some things that irritate me:

One: There is not a single Imperial Woman voiced in the game: It's either Breton, or Nords with a Imperial Appearance.

Two: When I shoot a Arrow into Someone's Head, they should instantly die. Same with a Sword or a Magic Spell.

Three: The Game map is Significantly small, I travelled from Anvil to the other edge of Cyrodiil within 10 minutes on horseback.

Four: In comparison to Morrowind, there is much less in the ways of quests and guilds to join.

Five: The Game Of The Year Edition lacks the addition of the other DLC's that was bundled in Knights Of The Nine Retail copy.

Six: Levitation was taken out in the sake of preserving the fact that the Cities were in thier own Cells.

Seven: Crossbows, Spears, Halberds taken out of the Game.

Eight: Levelled Item system prevents low-level Thieves from Acquiring wealth by means of stealing valueble objects from players.

Nine: The Levelled Item system, I shouldn't have to be Level 20 to start getting Daedric, etc. (You can't wear Daedric at low level anyways cause your strength needs development and the Armor is quite heavy.)

Ten: There are less unique places to explore that stand out from other places and the lack of enough unique magical items to be found.

That is all for me, other than those I love Oblivion Dearly. The Next TESV they better design the game around a PC first cause the Console Simplicity of Oblivion and it's controls had me crawling right to Darnified UI..