Modders Wanted

curim2

Hello, I am looking for modders who are interested in helping me with a "project" im am working on. At the moment I need people who know how to landscape ( create mountains, forests etc.). I will message the people who want help the details about this "project".

The chances, to find skilled people that have time AND motivation, are pretty low. So i would HIGHLY recommend to directly post your details. There are already plenty projects around that give all informations and even these often get no response or die after a few days/weeks. So most people won't even bother to ask for details, especially when you don't mention at least the rough direction of your project. Could be pretty much everything.

Chances are better to get support if it's a fancy mod, maybe you've already got some stuff to show (and i'm not talking 'bout ideas only...cause everybody has plenty of them, it's more important to get things done).

Might raise the chances from <1% to >1% :wink:

greetings

Edited by ghosu

Close your eyes and Imagine a world of filled with beauty and wonder. A world of myth, excitement and adventure. Know imagine the same world soaked in the blood of men. A world chocked by the hands of war and a home to dark and dangerous creatures.

This is what my project is about its name is, Eldros: Lands of Old.

the world is riddled with Celtic mythology and culture, and divided into two separate regions (name are tba). The worldspace is, I believe 3-4 times as large as skyrim.

Edited by curim2

In truth I only have the unique textures, worldspace and storyline idea and nothing else. That's why im looking for people to help out.

Edited by curim2

Worldspace mods consume huge amounts of time and effort. Something most people have in short supply

My advice is the same as Ghosu's, make 'stuff'.

Start working on your idea, build your worldspace, and when you have enough work for show release some screenshots and videos - That should catch the attention of other modders.

Sorry to be blunt, but you won't be able to make a worldspace 3-4 times the size of Skyrim. Skyrim had like 300 people working on it, and it took 5 years.

I've edited worldspaces, and it can take an hour to set up a single cell (while making it graphically impressive and realistic). There are 10,000 cells in vanilla Skyrim. Unless you've tried, you wouldn't believe how long everything takes.

I suggest you go for something more realistic, like Solstheim sized. With a barren worldspace, you can then map out where stuff goes and decide if you need more space for your ideas, or if you're already struggling to fill all the land.

I would help (I can make quests, AI packages, objectives and such, as well as textures), but I don't have the time, so good luck.

Depends on the extent . Barren land with just some forests, mountains and one or two towns would be doable :D

But ofc it would be much wiser to focus on a small area and enhance it with each update...quality>quantity.

You should keep in mind when you announce stuff like "3-4 times as large as Skyrim", most modders will think:

"Yeah, of course...like hundreds before you, in the end nothing will be released." That's why i recommended to begin working on your idea.

And when you really focus on it and start with a small area...but high quality...it might catch someones attention.

I would plan stuff that you COULD do on your own as well, but it would be a nice bonus to speed up the process IF you find support - because there are no guarantees that you find modders that help out.

There are hundreds of threads with textwalls filled with ideas and visions, but nothing else.

So if you want to lift your project from the rest: Walk it like you talk it :D

Edited by ghosu