Dynamic and Growing Town

Tony the Wookie

your right about me being wrong.....

and I'm sorry

anyway, should make the bits to help the town easy (like go in and then out) but the rest take more time with more openness

though I think you've already done that, I haven't kept up quite as well with the plan

the girl being emo would make sense, like shes one of those happy girlish/flowery little girls, then the shock of everything makes her emo and older sorta, not physically, but psychologically

could add some dialogue that influences how she'll turn out when she grows up (hardened wastelander, hero like you, raider, brotherhood member, etc.)

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and I'm sorry

no need to be sorry :wink:

I am always going to listen to other people opinions, I'm just not going to be afraid to say when I disagree. It doesn't offend me when people say stuff like that, it just eather gives me the opportunity to improve my mod or it shows me areas in which I haven't properly communicated my ideas and I need to make things more clear.

But anyways, as far as haveing the child change based on how you raise them, I am sure it would be simple to do from a dialogue perspective, but I am not as sure how it would be pulled off with haveing them steal stuff for you and the like. But companion style stuff is not an area I know anything about, so I would have to see what any of the other guys might know about that.

It would deffinatly be simple enough to have her be more bad or good based on your responses when you have conversations with her. Like if she has a nightmare of when she was captured you can eather comfort her and she becomes more good or tell her to tough it out and stop whining and she will be more bad. I could also have her progress differently based on whether or not you buy her toys and stuff.

But that is one of those things I can start off with the dialogue aspect and add on the other stuff later on

I don't know if I said it on here, or just when I was emailing Q, but this next week I will be haveing very little time to get things done on this mod but then next week (I guess a week and a half away) I will have some time off and I plan on getting a big section of the dialogue done then. I will put it up on the AGDT forums and not on here, because it is going to be really long and I don't want to crowed up this topic.

and I'm sorry

no need to be sorry :wink:

I am always going to listen to other people opinions, I'm just not going to be afraid to say when I disagree. It doesn't offend me when people say stuff like that, it just eather gives me the opportunity to improve my mod or it shows me areas in which I haven't properly communicated my ideas and I need to make things more clear.

But anyways, as far as haveing the child change based on how you raise them, I am sure it would be simple to do from a dialogue perspective, but I am not as sure how it would be pulled off with haveing them steal stuff for you and the like. But companion style stuff is not an area I know anything about, so I would have to see what any of the other guys might know about that.

It would deffinatly be simple enough to have her be more bad or good based on your responses when you have conversations with her. Like if she has a nightmare of when she was captured you can eather comfort her and she becomes more good or tell her to tough it out and stop whining and she will be more bad. I could also have her progress differently based on whether or not you buy her toys and stuff.

But that is one of those things I can start off with the dialogue aspect and add on the other stuff later on

I don't know if I said it on here, or just when I was emailing Q, but this next week I will be haveing very little time to get things done on this mod but then next week (I guess a week and a half away) I will have some time off and I plan on getting a big section of the dialogue done then. I will put it up on the AGDT forums and not on here, because it is going to be really long and I don't want to crowed up this topic.

Well, in the Sasha Ashe mod, you can give her stuff like Cherry bombs and stuff. So maybe if you have a teddy bear, or a toy car inventory you can give it to the girl. Also, toughing her out will make her damage and aggression higher, but she'll be stubborn and usually not listen to your orders.

If there is anyway I can help in the dialogue, please tell me!

Just read up on the character info and write some lines the chosen character might say along with options you might get to say back to them and then their reaction and so on. Tony posted some tips a few pages back.

Then send what you write to Tony and he'll choose to approve it or not, or something like that, I just know it's as easy as typing a conversation out on a word document, I think someone else is taking care of Scripting it to go into the game.

There's also a list posted up for the number of conversations he needs and which ones have been completed.

Well, in the Sasha Ashe mod, you can give her stuff like Cherry bombs and stuff. So maybe if you have a teddy bear, or a toy car inventory you can give it to the girl. Also, toughing her out will make her damage and aggression higher, but she'll be stubborn and usually not listen to your orders.

Ya, I know that the gift thing wouldn't be hard to pull off, it is just the companion thing I dont have a clue about.

But anyways, as far as dialogue I am always takeing help. Did you want to work specifically on the girls dialogue, or just dialogue in general?

I think I should put up a more in depth page on dialogue stuff on the ADGT forum if people are actually interested in helping out

Ya, I know that the gift thing wouldn't be hard to pull off, it is just the companion thing I dont have a clue about.

But anyways, as far as dialogue I am always takeing help. Did you want to work specifically on the girls dialogue, or just dialogue in general?

I think I should put up a more in depth page on dialogue stuff on the ADGT forum if people are actually interested in helping out

Well, you should let me know about each character, whether he/she uses bad words, slang, etc... I also need to know the options given for the player to choose. You can PM me this sort of stuff, I'll try to help best as possible. I'll start with the girls first, if I'm good (never done this sort of stuff before) I'll try do the rest. Thanks!

Very interesting, I must say. There is a lot of depth in this idea.

Do you have any plans for Ghoul citizens of the town? It would be very interesting if one of the girls or one of the guys you could court was a Ghoul, utterly surprised that the PC is showing any interest in him/her, considering his/her appearance (no doubt a cause for low self-esteem in a largely Human-populated town).

Actually, a family a Ghouls would be a rather interesting idea. Of course, they obviously wouldn't be blood-related, since Ghouls can't have children. But I believe that when a group of people come together out of necessity, they can become closer than any blood family. Blood relation has no relevance when it comes to family.

Of course, the Ghoul love interest being sterile would be a problem with the child portion of the mod... Well, perhaps the love interest could be the only fertile Ghoul in the Wasteland. Or perhaps the Lone Wanderer and his/her Ghoul husband/wife could adopt.

Now, are there any plans for some animals around the town? You know, a stray dog that hangs around the town, or a tame pet Mole Rat belonging to one of the NPCs?

Actually, it would be a rather interest mechanic if there was a wild dog that would show up around the town at times, and you could give him/her food, and in exchange he/she would return the favor later along.

Speaking of animals, I really wish there was a Mod that included intelligent, talking Deathclaws in the game, like from Fallout 2. Perhaps a small town or tribe of them.

Oh, and I do love the Super Mutant barber. Very nice. ^_^

This looks like a very good project, and I look forward to when it is ready for release. ^_^

Well, as of right now there's no child being born to the Lone Wanderer, you get to adopt the child.

I'm working on additional characters for my mod which will be added to this mod as well (completing the quests in my underwater vault mod will allow Terra Mcguyver to move to this town in which you can have a relationship with her. She's a "Hammerhead", one of the genetically modified races for my mod and thus will have several different cosmetic features from humans which could get some odd reactions from the townspeople.

Animals is one of the topics being discussed on the forum for this DLC. (Yes, this DLC has its own forum)

There's a lot of details to be discussed that can't all fit in this thread (which is why the forum was created)