Deleting One's Own Profile

Herculine

Being a newbie here, I hope this is the appropriate place to ask this and that it's not a stupid noob question. Is it possible for a member to delete their own profile voluntarily, and if so would doing so delete all the mods they had uploaded and the posts they had made? I only ask this since I have seen in the forums a rare member or two talk of leaving the site for whatever reasons, and I wondered if what I've described is what they intended to do.

I hope this is the appropriate place to ask this and that it's not a stupid noob question.
It is and seeking to increase your knowledge is never stupid...well, it can be stupid in some cases (slaps Adam and Eve up-side their heads!)

Is it possible for a member to delete their own profile voluntarily
No. You can ask an admin but we typically do not delete accounts and favor the use of the ban utility to "lock" the account.

would doing so delete all the mods they had uploaded and the posts they had made?
Not by default but admins (Dark0ne, LHammonds, buddah) do have the ability to purge all posts and uploads if necessary.

I have seen in the forums a rare member or two talk of leaving the site for whatever reasons, and I wondered if what I've described is what they intended to do.
Most people just never sign back in. Some delete all their uploads and never come back...some delete all there uploads then come back...re-upload...rinse, lather, repeat. We do not typically delete accounts and prefer to ban accounts in order to freeze/lock them. Even the most atrocious trolls do not get their accounts deleted (forcibly). At most, we will ban the account and "purge" all their posts and uploads. If there are members that would like to leave the community and keep their files available, they also have the option of changing the file ownership to the "Caretaker" account to be taken care of in their absence.

LHammonds