The Little Fairy's Flower Garden

Herculine

oops, how the...

#2 for the faux pas...

wandering the wilds

content with innocent views

always wanting more

-james

Thanks for the great haiku! I haven't seen much of this style here in the Druid's Garden. :thanks:

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your very welcome, but it is I who has to thank you for this instigation of personal perspective. :thumbsup:

BTW I normally still speak in prose...much to the chagrin of my Canadian co-workers. :P

Kudos for a great contribution and perspective, thank you!

-James

Herculine's work edifies like that first glass of wine...whereby simply consuming her words one feels the urge to consume more. I did and as expected, became intoxicated. Metaphorhoses, and Ode To A Silver Knight are my faves...

Herculine's work edifies like that first glass of wine...whereby simply consuming her words one feels the urge to consume more. I did and as expected, became intoxicated. Metaphorhoses, and Ode To A Silver Knight are my faves...

Thank you for such eloquent praise. I intend to post more such works here in the near future, but most recently I've been a bit more pithy over on the Order of the Dragon thread.

aye and you have brought back more life to the order, we love to have more members and esp. ones who give us something that brightens the day.

Thank you. Again I'm humbled by how welcome and at home everyone makes me feel here.

Darkness and cold, gray sky and rain.

A lonely, heavy heart, tears and pain.

Buildings like tombstones of glass and of stone.

My soul wrought with heartache, forever alone.

I search for the morning yet find not the sun,

Yearning in sorrow for this life to be done.

Sinking in darkness like drowning in mire,

My heart cannot find what it truly desires.

The clean edge glides freely through flesh against bone;

My decision is made and my last act is done.

I gasp for air, reach out to no avail

For my chamber is empty. My vision grows pale.

The Abyss in cold bliss welcomes me.

I am wrapped in the embrace of Eternity.

I hear lost souls in agony moan...

Or are these screams in truth my own?

By endless oblivion I am now consumed

To rest forever in an unloving womb.

I glimpse what becomes of our souls when we die

Until a bright light then blinds my eyes.

I live no more yet my lungs fill with breath.

Has my soul somehow eluded Death?

A golden angel's face I now come to see.

With tearful joy she smiles upon me.

At my hospital bed she had waited,

Through the long night had anticipated

My return to her world, to her embrace,

Though I had fallen so far from Grace.

Like heavy lead shame burdens my being.

What a pitiful wretch she now must be seeing.

Yet at my bedside she still stands

And with great earnest she now grasps my hand.

"Oh thank God! We thought we'd lost you!"

Her sweet tears of joy they flow anew.

In this white place where lives begin and end

I am reminded of the love of my friend.

I was never alone, oh how I was mistaken!

In this rebirth my heart reawakens.

• 2 weeks later...

(The following is an excerpt from a longer unnamed story I'm writing at the moment. It is written for a more mature audience, and therefore reader discretion is STRONGLY ADVISED!!)

I have never really been good with the ladies - for every girl I’ve ever liked, I was far too shy to even say “hi”. And most were turned off with the way I looked… I wasn’t “bad looking”, it was just the fact I had snake bites, an eyebrow piercing, a nose ring, and I wore dark eye shadow. I was a freak, and still am. The only girl who seemed comfortable enough to be able to be seen talking to me was Bethany.

She was beautiful. I don’t think I’ve seen another girl who was as beautiful as Bethany was - silky brown hair that came just a little past her shoulders, the most stunning blue eyes, like the shimmering sea, even more gorgeous than Taylor’s (Taylor apparently was the hottest girl in the school, but I couldn’t see what all the guys seen, she wasn’t much to look at, in my opinion).

But boy, did Bethany have curves… Most of the guys at school always talked about how big Bethany’s breasts were - she had to have been at least a DD, maybe almost an E cup. Living in a house with three women, I usually tended to be a good judge of how big a girl’s breasts were, being familiar with cup sizes and such. And whereas I was the chubby kid in the class when we were younger, she managed to gain a bit of weight.

It wasn’t a bad thing, I mean she did have wider hips than most girls at school, and weighed more when it came time for our bi-annual weight check in PE. But in my honest opinion, it suited her quite well. And maybe I did have a wet dream or two about her before… I mean, who wouldn’t? Even some of the bisexual and lesbian girls said Bethany had a great body, despite being what people call “over-weight”.

And I was falling in love…