Help with Martigen's

Kurrr

I have only recently started using third party mods. Windows vista. OBMM. When I have Mart's monsters in I seem to be missing some things. Imperial guards on horseback have no cuirass. When on foot in IC the have a big rectangle around them with an exclamation mark in the center and I see a face and sword only.

I dropped some alchemy ingredients in frostcrag and saw the same rectangle/exclamation mark from one of them. Some animals like gore rats I see partial body. Others such as implings I see not at all.

I had extracted to folder to a place other than oblivion/data. Then I moved the whole folder I unpacked to Oblivion/Data and rebuilt the omod. This did not help. The problem occurs even when MMM is the only active mod outside of shivering isles/knights of the nine.

Do I need to put the textures/mesh file from the unpack from the extracted folder into the textures/mesh folders in the oblivion/data?

I just don't understand why it isn't showing things properly.

All help appreciated as I am VERY new to this.

Hi,

I've never used Mart's before but when you extract i guess it has something like:

\Textures

\Meshes

\Blah.esp

\Blah.esp

Put All those, and any other files/folders with them into the "Data" Folder (Oblivion/Data)

Oh and use BOSS, it will organise your load order :smile:

Edited by DEADLY9996

Do I need to put the textures/mesh file from the unpack from the extracted folder into the textures/mesh folders in the oblivion/data?

Yes. Vanilla (non-mod) items are kept in BSA archives, but mod added items need to be added manually for the game to be able to render them. The issues you describe are due to the game being unable to render the items because they aren't in the correct folder location.

This solved the issue. Many heartfelt thanks for that.

Now however, I tried to install a quest leveler that kept crashing the game and ended up going complete reinstall from vanilla. Reinstalled obmm all the mods but the one that crashed me.

Some mods that were functioning fine before when "created" show up black. error says something along the lines of ".esp not found in obmm database." When I hit activate it says it will overwrite the omod that supposedly isn't there. And when I get it to finally switch to green and activate it, it does not show up in game. Specifically bag of holding and companion vilja, who I was enjoying before, and midas

magic shop isn't coming back in game, so far.

I have reinstalled and tried to start from scratch 5 or 6 times so far.

Again thanks for the help, and if I should have made a seperate thread let me know and I'll do so and link it here for others to follow.