Hammonds Coat of Arms / Family Crest

LHammonds

A little legion of nexus-members...or wasn't it necessarily targeted at shields?
I think a set of shields would be the minimum for each crest. It would be fast and easy to crank out. Of course it would not be limited to that. Could make house banners, display racks, horse armor / clothing, NPC armor, etc.

As for a melting pot for all this to go, I think a custom building would be good...a museum of sorts for items to be put on display with books in front of each one telling a story about their background and what they represent. And maybe a vendor to sell replicas of each set displayed in the museum.

If there is enough interest, I can create an additional forum on my site to hold all the files during development.

EDIT: I will create a thread in the Oblivion File Requests section to see how much interest there is for creating this mod. At the very least, images could be collected even by non-modders and have them added to a blank shield which means anyone that is actually interested could have their own coat of arms shield in the mod.

LHammonds

If there is enough interest, I can create an additional forum on my site to hold all the files during development.

EDIT: I will create a thread in the Oblivion File Requests section to see how much interest there is for creating this mod. At the very least, images could be collected even by non-modders and have them added to a blank shield which means anyone that is actually interested could have their own coat of arms shield in the mod.

LHammonds

:woot: I'm definately for this idea, really great... thanks, LHammonds :thumbsup:

Not bad. Let's turn this into a game:

http://www.irishsurnames.com/coatsofarms/c/cochrane-coat-of-arms-family-crest.gif

Without looking at the picture sources, can you guess my clan?

:wallbash:

DANG IT DANG IT DANG IT DANG IT !!!

That was just failtastic of me, wasn't it?

Edited by LHammonds
Removed swearing

:wallbash:

That was just failtastic of me, wasn't it?

Yep. I started to reply but canceled it in the off-chance others were also canceling a similar reply. hehehe.

HE he i would show you mine but it would be to obvious what my last name is, because it has it right on it.

The same reason why I wouldn't post mine. My identity's secret! :thumbsup:

Simple answer #1: Pick a different one or edit yours to remove the name and change some components.

Simple answer #2: Express your interest in the mod being created and wait for it to be done and then modify it to add your own crest and keep it to yourself.

Hey I'll show you mine, but i couldn't find any digital pics of it, manly only very pixelated ones like this one. Does anyone have a good links for family crests.

more about me...

funny there is three towns named after my surname, one in England 2 in Canada. Its kind of cool, i have found some old photo's of some of my relatives and heres one discribing a man with dark hair standing besidea model T. It shows how long our family's been in Canada, well good 100 years as the date shows on the picture 1928. Taken somewhere in saskatchewan, its on my dads side of course.

if you can guess my last name, it starts with a W

I still like to keep it secret, especially online. Security reasons.

Do you have any towns or street names, named after your surname?.