Hammonds Coat of Arms / Family Crest

LHammonds

So, I made some research on my surname's Coat of Arms.

Origins:

The surname of ***** was a nickname for a pleasant or agreeable person and finds its origins in Germany in a part of central Europe knowned as Silesia in the past. The name came from humble beginnings and they gained a significant reputation for contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. Well, it smell fine, but...

I don't know if the family's branch line had modified that one in the past, as they lived in Austro-Hungarian empire, and after finding their origins in Germany, when autonomous states became centralized to a unified nation, some had lived in Austria, some in Hungaria and had changed the surname for nationality reasons, others in Switzerland and in France, others branch lines are also in Albania, Denmark, England and U.S... this is why we must make deeper research in our genealogy branch. And the spelling variations include: ****, *****, ******, ***** and many others. Man see how much difficult it could be to find an adequate Coat of Arms most often times.

Symbols:

Ecu in Argent (white) and Gueules (red) in Fasce:

-White: Peace and sincerity. Red: warrior or martyr, military strength and magnanimity.

Acorn in Chef (high middle part) and Pointe (low middle part):

-Antiquity and strength.

Have fun and luck in your search everybody... :happy:

[Edit] post updated, added some comments.

Please keep in mind that you do NOT have to give your real name and for those minors, I encourage you to NOT give your real name.

For example, my last name really is Hammonds but doing research into the origins of this name, there are many different spellings. The most common is Hammond but more ancient variations include very different spellings such as Amon and thus, Amon could be used instead to keep my real name secret.

Thanks,

LHammonds

After a good amount of digging I found what I believe is my families coat of arms. Surprise surprise my name is Irish o_O. I've always been told my family hailed from Germany and I know I have Norseman blood in me. I wonder what my Viking crest is? Here's my Irish one. No surprise to me it's red.

Spelling is a bit different though.