⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Destroy Soul Gems And Free The Souls traped Inside Them?

xXLoboSolitarioXx

Not really. That's where souls trapped inside Azura's star go after their energy is used. There's no contradiction.

Believe as you wish. I still see major contradiction. The souls go to a gem, then apparently NOT in the weapon where they would logically need to be bound to power it. I see that as a contradiction for the purpose of a shoehorned in revelation about the nature of soultrapping. As if powering something with a murder victim wasn't obvious enough.

Anyway, in my logical opinion, your soul can't be simultaneously in fancy pants arbitrary limbo AND powering an item at once. If a soul is going to be in limbo it would be in the weapon itself. Being lore is not an excuse to make little sense at all.

Edited by Guest

Probably lost in translation. I thought you meant it contradicted with the mechanics of Azura's Star which has a realm inside it, not with the entire idea of soul trapping in the first place. But yeah I get that point. I initially thought of soul trapping the same way as you did, just like how it is in full metal alchemist. LOL.

Blegh, this soulcairn thing sounds like crappy new Bethesda lore. (aka, an idea formed in five minutes without really thinking) It kinda contradicts what happens in Azura's Star as well.

I could've sworn that all souls were magicka energy, and flow through the universe in an implied loop in this series, thus making their usage in a weapon or item a little bit more complicated, but still a part of that cycle. Whatever though... this is a specific area that often ends up asinine, especially from devs like Bethesda. It's a stretch, facilitated by a stretch, and proven by a stretch.

You've never heard of TES: Battlespire? That's where they introduced the Soul Cairn. It was published after Daggerfall, and I think bringing back that place in a somewhat logical way is a great accomplishment. So it's not exactly "new" lore.

And the idea *does* have some creepy vibe. Just think, when you kill and soultrap a Thalmor or Nazeem, they'll have an eternity of Soulcairn coming in! muahaahaa!

What about a transmute sort of spell, that removes filled black soulgem from your inventory and summons a random ghost to fight for you. If you are good aligned you can dismiss him or her, but it would also be useful for necromancers.

I would love to see a Mod like this, for all Soul Gems, not just the black ones....Like Lobo I don't use enchantments, personally I always found the idea of catching souls horrific and would love to be able to free them.

problem is, you dont know what souls is inside, say you have a grand soul gem and you want to free the thing inside, you smash it and a falmer jumps out and murders you.