Springvale Boatyard

hardkopy

I have created a mod Springvale Boatyard. This is the springboard (no pun intended) for my pilotable vessels and driveable vehicles mod addons. The boatyard currently has one pilotable vessel (Trawler) which you can sail the Potomac to Rivet city and back and also take on land obstacles which split the river. There is no accomodation on the boat however thanks to an idea from raven3806, you can set up PE gear on the deck when anchored and pack it again when ready to get underway.

The Boatyard is only the HQ I use to test drive, pilot the vessels and vehicles and is stand alone. The vessels and vehicles will also be standalone so you can anchor your boat, sneak to shore in your submarine, jump into your land vehicle and drive to where you parked your skyship. Thus far the boat and submarine are finished and tested on my own system.

The submarine is made from the Virgo space pod as I wanted it look like part of FO3 in that an enterprising mechanic or robot tech made it from wasteland scrap. I'm very proud of it and it helped me learn how to manipulate models in nifskope. It will be added later today or tomorrow.

I use a sytems whereby the pc is attached to a moving persistant reference and turning is controled by the mouse. On platform specific vehicles, the player is able to shoot in freemode or use vats, thier pipboy etc as only the player movement is disabled. Vehicles where the player need to sit, pose a problem in 1st person veiw as it turns the fOV on a 45 % angle when using animated poses. I have considered hiding the player but this breaks immersion so its 3rd person for now in sittable vehicles.

A great deal of hours days months of searching forums pming (annoying) modders, reading tutorials, trying to figure out max (I'm lost in blender) and nifskope have gone into this. Not to mention the ppl I have learned from with or without their knowledge, begining with....

TaylorSD who fixed my first nif file

Veliv who Sent me resources and info

J3X who made Veliv's Motorcycle awesome

Iron386 who helped with scripting

halo4life who helped with scripting

Jackpack who threw me job I couldn't do and forced me to learn how

Forums;

Bethesda Wiki

Nifskope

Tools

3D Max 8-9

Nifskope

FO3Edit

Paint Net

Gimp

maix pdf tutorials

There is only one thing I consider a bug at this time and that is you press a key to exit the vehicle from anywhere, ie; your in Megaton and you left your boat in Rivet City. Yuo will instantly be transported to your craft on prssing this key. So each vehicle has to have a unique exit key which poses a bit of problem as more fose oriented mods are developed, there are less keys to utilise. I could do with some help on this. Infact, I will consider a team given that there is the interest to warrant it.

nice one kopy :thumbsup:

i really like it & the scrapyard looks brillant.

---

difrent note:

can you send me a script that will make something fly!.

ie: wasd for "frwd" "bkwrd" "lft & rgt", but i also need something like r & f for up and down movement.

Thanks JP,

That script I sent you a while ago should do that. Check 'Flies' in the creatures anim box and set the script to kill the creature on activate and you will be flying. At the same time of activating you need to tap your jump key so the ghost doesn't leak through the ground. THe problem with that is once you land you lose your creature and have a way of getting it back via inventory. Gliding ONTH is lot simpler, you don't have to kill the creature and you use bullettime to glide long distances from jumping a cliff for example.