Some mod questions from a newbie =)

Verranicus

Thanks for the suggestions so far, guys. =3

I was curious, are their any companion mods that let you, like..c reate your own compansions without have any knowledge of modding? Like, names and appearance? Thanks!

You can try Unique Companions, but since it uses 'createfullactorcopy', so the created 'companion' won't have any AI package.(Alternatively, you can use 'createfullactorcopy' to your character, then change your character's look, use Mad Companionship Spells on the created actor, though I haven't tried it)

My Must-haves:

CM Partners

Mart's Monster Mod

Midas Magic Spells of Aurum

Francesco's Optional Leveled Creatures and Items

Armamentarium for Fran's

any female and male body replacers

Apachii Goddess Store

Apachii Heroes Store

Slof's Oblivion Goth Shop.

These are the main mods that made me realize I can never again play vanilla Oblivion.

A lot of people swear by Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul, but it makes a lot of things static and one of my favorite things about Oblivion is that it's leveled so I don't use OOO. A lot of the cool stuff in OOO can be found in other mods that don't screw with the leveled lists.

A couple things. For landscape expansion, download all of the Unique Landscapes, I did it before I even booted up the game for the first time. They don't affect gameplay at all, only add to the gorgeous scenery of the game in ways the game-developers should have. There's a compilation out there of all 17 (I think?), it requires Oblivion Mod Manager to unpack, so download that, too.

Also, as far as companions, I find that CM Companions have the best command system by far and you can make your own fairly simply with the Construction set. If you load up (file -> data...) Oblivion.esm, CM Partners.esm, and CM Partners.esp (you have to download the base CM Mod first), it'll ask you something about active files, click yes so you can continue into the CS. Then pull up Characters (or Actors, I'm not sure, I'm not at my computer right now.), go down to NPC's, click in the collumn of NPC names and look for any NPC starting with "cm" (they're alphabetical), double click it. A box will pop up with some stuff about the companion, change the ID to cm"YourCompanion'sNameHere" and change the name to the same, without "cm" in front of it. Hit okay and say yes to creating a new form ID. Now double click your new NPC. Now you can edit it's race, class, AI (CM comes with a list of basics, Barbarian, Knight, Paladin, Assassin, etc.), and more all from this initial screen, but I wouldn't mess with anything but the specifics I mentioned. After you have all of this set up, you can go to spells and edit birthsign (which you have to find in the list of things that are in the window where you double clicked your partner, good luck, I haven't found them yet) and any spells the companion may have by simply dragging and dropping from the window with all the stuff in it onto the spells list. The next tab will be the Inventory tab. Feel free to delete and replace armor and clothes and make your own additions (also by dragging and dropping), but DO NOT delete anything else, it messes with the companion's scripting. Next is the face, which is fairly self-explanatory, hair at the bottom, basic controls are in this tab. In the final tab are specific face controls, which you just kind of have to mess with.

After this, hit okay. Now go to the smallest window and open up the dropdown box, load up Tamriel (again, alphabetical). Put the list in order either alphabetically or by cell number, depending on where you want to put them I recommend placing them outside somewhere in Anvil simply because it's at the top of the list. Now save your plug-in, boot up Oblivion, activate it in data files, and go find your companion.

It seems long and complex, but after you do it once, it's a piece of cake to make CM Companions.