For serious discussion of making Multi-player

Cakester

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is about turning Fallout 3 into a multi-player game.

This thread is not about what multi-player fallout 3 should be like or if multi-player fallout 3 is a good idea .

I don't have to start college for 11 months. I know a little C++ and plan to learn much more.

I vow to spend as much of my life as possible to get this game to be as multi-player as possible.

I don't expect anyone to want to help until they see some progress. In the next few days, or maybe even a week, I hope to get a simple client and server interaction going as well as having at-least one game function that is server-sided.

There may be future complications when I need a server to host the server application on. But until then I should be just fine testing it on my own computer.

If you have an objection to this or any criticism, please keep it to yourself.

I give you serious kudos for this. theirs something i may be able to point you too if your really ambitious with this project. Theirs a gaming community that has already successfully used multiplayer mods for Grand Theft Auto San Andreas to create a MMO gaming community, Maybe talk with them and they could potentially help you with retro fitting FO3 for multiplayer as they seem to have the know how and knack for it. Talk to Overdrive at www.vallhallagaming.net

But yes, I think it could work and on a mass-bandwidth scale too I suggested this idea before and I still would adore to have FO3 on a MMO scale. even design it to work with a SOURCE engine so servers could be developed for it.

Go for it I strongly encourage it.

Cakester was banned and so for doesn't stay up to date with this topic anymore. You can find him and his topic on the Bethesda forums though, under nillacakester.

Cakester will no longer be modding for Fallout 3 or working on the multiplayer mod for reasons explained in this quote "Due to my misfortunes, and the mistreatment I have received from various communities across the web I am resigning and will not be returning."