For serious discussion of making Multi-player

Cakester

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id like to see you get any where near his progress from scratch. Its stuff like this that we don't need. Why even post if that's all you have to say?

so he quits like a baby. x.x.. gah..
Complicated mods like this generally entail a lot of effort in exchange for marginal praise and lots of complaining about bugs. If the gratitude isn't there, it's difficult to stay motivated. I'm sure contributing as much as he has and then getting banned for something stupid would leave most people feeling more than a little bitter.

I have no comments about him or his situation, but I would mention one teeny little thing:

The fight between Bethsoft and Interplay was over which company would make the real Fallout online game, so it's a strong possibility, now that it's been settled, that all of this effort and aggravation and such was for nothing.

I'm not sure i understand your post? Cakester's multiplayer mod is for fallout3. So no matter who won unless they are going to make multiplayer for fallout 3 then im not sure i understand your post. Unless you have some underground knowledge anout a fallout3 multiplayer patch in the works? I mean if Interplay won the battle then they would have to create a totally new game because they cant edit Bethesda's code at least if they were fighting i don't think Bethesda would like that. And if Bethesda won i doubt they will do a multiplayer expansion with fallout 3 because theirs plenty of bugs they don't seem to care about enough to fix so why work on a multiplayer mod? Not to mention the work that would need to be done to the fallout3 game itself. I think they would just most likely make a new game. And either or both would have just started work if they just finished their battle so it would be a while before anything would be released anyways.