Your favorite companions?

xoxSugah

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vampire Hunter

Hey, that's racial discrimination! *Joke attempt on a forum war*

Stanley_Love, oh, come on, no one ever got raped by a NPC companion. Roleplay this as a comic relief of his broken heart if you wish, also a few moves in CS can disable certain dialogue parts. Blaming people for not providing you with exactly the mod you like is a breach of etiquette, you know.

Sickle - I've not seen any yet. That doesn't mean they don't exist, but I don't know of any. It's one of the reasons why I'm almost -only- looking at male companions right now. If it's gonna hit on "me" on anything resembling a regular basis it needs to at least have the right equipment.

I'm pretty sure Slof's right about it. I mean look at the bulk of our games. There's not all that much for us and I find myself being -thankful- when I find a game that lets me play without putting my female characters in metal bikinis. Earlier on there were very few games that even had a female character you could play. There was Samus and that was it.

It isn't just the companies that are responsible either. The attacks directed at Slof's work are proof enough that the resentment is there in the community even. I'd say it was mostly homophobia, but I'm not sure that's even accurate. I think mostly we're more tolerant of overt female nudity and sexuality in our games because we've had to share the playground (so to speak) so long we've gotten used to it, but for guys it's really new to have male nudity and male sexuality in a game. So, they're freaked by it.

Have you even played that mod?

I have three characters playing with versions of him on and every 24 hours he tells you something about his father, or how he used to be an assassin, or you compliment him on the ring he's wearing. So far there's been little that romantic, and nothing sexual. And there are options to brush him off as well if you don't want romantic advances from him. Nobody "forces" you to do anything "wrong."

Stanley_Love, for the same reason others would. There are pretty many of companions that are nothing more than battle drones. It's completely normal people want more alive ones. And... yes, that quite likely involves bugging constantly, after all, a "real person" should speak when he wants, not when you allow it. Why overdramatize it if you haven't even played the mod?

(Heh heh, now I got interested in that kid. I didn't like his face, but if he's that interesting, then I can solve that problem on my own ^_^ A pity I don't currently play Oblivion)