Installation Problem-Compiler Csc.exe not found

NGGMDG

I have never really used forums that much unless i'm in desperate need of help, but i'm not exactly sure what to do at this point.

My computers HardDrive recently failed and i have had to get a new one, and since this one is clean, i have to re-install all my mods, which isn't exactly a bad thing,it allows me to discover more mods.

-To the point.

Once i re-installed Skyrim and so on and so forth, i installed nexus mod manager, and just as anyone else, i start looking for mods to download. The problem is, most of the mods i have installed have worked correctly, BUT! Not long after, when i try to install mods such as 'CBBE' body mod or 'Quality World Map', i encounter this, : "A Problem Occurred during install: Compiler executable file csc.exe cannot be found. This Mod was not installed".

I have checked everywhere, yet each one that seems similar, is always talking about something else.

I have heard about this possibly being an issue with Microsoft.Net Framework or something like that, but currently i'm lost and not sure which is the right information, if you can provide me some guidance and assistance, it would be very well appreciated.

ALSO- If this provides any information that you might need, I have Windows 8.(64 bit OS)

• 3 months later...

Well, your first problem is that you are running Windows 8, but that can be tolerated :)

Since you just reinstalled Windows, at least I hope you reinstalled it instead of trying to copy your old hard drive file-by-file over using a recovery utility, you should make sure you have all of the following installed, not just for Skyrim but for gaming in general:

.NET Framework 4.5.1

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable - x86

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable - x64

Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable - x86

Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable - x64

Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable - x86 (three isn't an x64 version that I am aware of, at least I've never needed one)

All of these can be installed and updated from Windows Update/Microsoft Update.

Some of these might not exist for Windows 8. I doubt it, but I suppose it's possible, especially for the 2005 versions.

If you are trying to use Mod Organizer, I strongly advise switching to Nexus Mod Manager until you are very familiar with how mods work, especially since you are using CBBE which has some significant issues under Mod Organizer.

Also, if you have Skyrim, or pretty much anything else gaming-related, installed in C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86), I recommend you uninstall them, and reinstall them into a different folder. It can be on the same hard disk, for example C:\Games, or it can be on a different hard disk, like D:\Games or whatever, so long as it is not either of the Program Files folders.

This is how I have it arranged:

C:\Games\Skyrim

C:\Games\Oblivion

C:\Games\NMM

C:\Games\BOSS

C:\Games\LOOT

C:\Games\Wrye Bash

C:\Games\Mod Organizer

Not only does it keep things nice and separate from your normal, non-gaming apps, it also bypasses the single most annoying feature of Windows 7/8: UAC (User Access Controls). Any program that someone recommends you run in admin mode, doesn't need that if it is installed outside of Program Files. Any program that needs to modify another programs files, for instance the way mod managers need to be able to add and remove files from your games folders, will work just fine without you having to make numerous risky changes to your file permissions and ownerships and possibly the Registry.

Well, your first problem is that you are running Windows 8, but that can be tolerated :smile:

Since you just reinstalled Windows, at least I hope you reinstalled it instead of trying to copy your old hard drive file-by-file over using a recovery utility, you should make sure you have all of the following installed, not just for Skyrim but for gaming in general:

.NET Framework 4.5.1

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable - x86

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable - x64

Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable - x86

Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable - x64

Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable - x86 (three isn't an x64 version that I am aware of, at least I've never needed one)

All of these can be installed and updated from Windows Update/Microsoft Update.

Some of these might not exist for Windows 8. I doubt it, but I suppose it's possible, especially for the 2005 versions.

If you are trying to use Mod Organizer, I strongly advise switching to Nexus Mod Manager until you are very familiar with how mods work, especially since you are using CBBE which has some significant issues under Mod Organizer.

Also, if you have Skyrim, or pretty much anything else gaming-related, installed in C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86), I recommend you uninstall them, and reinstall them into a different folder. It can be on the same hard disk, for example C:\Games, or it can be on a different hard disk, like D:\Games or whatever, so long as it is not either of the Program Files folders.

This is how I have it arranged:

C:\Games\Skyrim

C:\Games\Oblivion

C:\Games\NMM

C:\Games\BOSS

C:\Games\LOOT

C:\Games\Wrye Bash

C:\Games\Mod Organizer

Not only does it keep things nice and separate from your normal, non-gaming apps, it also bypasses the single most annoying feature of Windows 7/8: UAC (User Access Controls). Any program that someone recommends you run in admin mode, doesn't need that if it is installed outside of Program Files. Any program that needs to modify another programs files, for instance the way mod managers need to be able to add and remove files from your games folders, will work just fine without you having to make numerous risky changes to your file permissions and ownerships and possibly the Registry

You might be on to something, ever since the day i reinstalled windows 8, i always tried to update to windows 8.1, which is required to get the latest windows updates. But there have been a lot of issues with doing that, not just with me, but with many, many, many other people. I checked my programs and features and it seems i may be missing the .net framework that is listed above. Everything else is a go.

Edit: Thanks for the help, it seems that finally being able to have updated to windows 8.1 set everything back into place. I tried downloading a few mods from the nexus that gave me trouble previously, and they installed as easy as 1,2,3. I should be fine now, so thanks. Also, if anyone hasn't updated to windows 8.1 and is having issues, doing so may be your solution.

Edited by NGGMDG