Favorite combat style?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Melee:

• Daggers, knives
    • Knuckle weapons (claws, katars)
    • Shortswords
    • Longswords, katanas, scimitars
    • 2h blades (dai katana, claymores...)
    • Blunt weapons (maces, waraxes, flails)
    • 2h blunt weapons (battle axe, great mace, warhammer)
    • Polearms (spears, halberds, glaives)
    • Unarmed
    • Dual wielding
  2. 2. Range:

• Thrown weaponry
    • Bow and arrow
    • Cross bow
    • (other, explain in post)
  3. 3. Magic:

• Fire magic
    • Electric magic
    • Ice magic
    • Holy magic
    • Death magic
    • (other element, explain in post)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No whips, rapiers, guns, blowing pipes, summoning, shadows, infernal magic, nature magic or blood magic? Ummm...

Melee slots couldnt be expanded anymore, so I couldnt get exotics like whips

Rapiers are a longblade

Guns are ranged(other)

Blowing pipes are ranged(other)

All those magic types are magic(other)

Well, honestly, while weapon types may sound as just a bit of complaining, your magic section is extremely limited and this "other" includes too much. Beside "other nonelemental" which is omitted. Like illusion. I use a lot of illusion magic, at least in TES games. It may be non-attacking, but for me it plays a crucial role in combat.

Mine would be if I could have the last option:

Blades (various, let it be short, if that matters)

Crossbows

And, well, illusion.

No whips, rapiers, guns, blowing pipes, summoning, shadows, infernal magic, nature magic or blood magic? Ummm...

Melee slots couldnt be expanded anymore, so I couldnt get exotics like whips

Rapiers are a longblade

Guns are ranged(other)

Blowing pipes are ranged(other)

All those magic types are magic(other)

sarya does have a thing for whips! :whistling:

The idea of the (other) category was to explain what you specifically used that would qualify as other in your post, If you noticed, there are a plethora of ranged weapons and even melee weapons that I missed, partially due to the fact that having at most 10 answers for the poll question cant even begin to cover the different ways and tools used to kill your adversary.

The reason specifically why I left so many magic categories out is literally just that, there are so many different types of magics that have come to popularity over the years, So I stuck to vanilla oblivion's 3 standard destruction elements and the stereotypical life/death magic thing to add, where the rest would very easily be identified by voting other, and explaining in your post.

Then why using all ten options for the first poll if you miss so many and haven't even run out of option place on the last two? Doesn't it seem strange? Like if you are only interested in melee and don't really care for others? Oh, whatever. If you don't understand my point, then fine, I tried.

Then why using all ten options for the first poll if you miss so many and haven't even run out of option place on the last two? Doesn't it seem strange? Like if you are only interested in melee and don't really care for others? Oh, whatever. If you don't understand my point, then fine, I tried.

Perhaps you overlooked the point of this poll, it is a simple "vote and explain in post" matter. I wont see your point because your posts have come across as rather rude in this topic, I really do not see what the fuss is over it. If you think I came into this thread with a bowler hat on and a monocle, rubbing my hands together and chanting "mehehe, the magic users are totally left in the dust!" you are completely in the wrong. I already made my case in my previous post and I don't plan on repeating myself.

Thanks to the rest who simply voted, explained, and moved on.