HALO ODST

overload1977

I'm not a fan of it. I'm not a Halo fan, but I was interested in this because apparently they had changed things about from the below-standard generic shooter that is Halo 3, and you know what? It's exactly the same. At least Master Chief wasn't in it. A move in the right direction definitely, but it is a small step and there's a long way to go.

Bungie finally tried something original.

No Master Chief = I'll enjoy the Halo series alot more now.

I may get it when the release of Modern Warfare 2 is here :P

• 5 weeks later...
What do you guys think

i will give it 8.5 out of 10

or 85% out of 100%

i love this game i`m playing on Heroic as i have not played halo 3 for over a year

+plus points / controls are very nice i think they are better some how ,game feels more balanced maybe because we have lost dual wield and you can die very easy now as well you are not some god like master chief no more :) , what can i say about the look of ODST its the best halo game by a long way, the huds are great to , Firefight is Awesome , this is the best story mode for a halo game so farr, great music , i dont know why but all the Vehicles feel better , disk number 2 unlocks everthing from halo 3 nice you get all the maps and mods at last!!!

-Negative Points / at times its way to dark the hud helps but some times you just die because you cant see what you are standing on, also i fell threw the floor once, need more new guns 2 new ones dose not cut it, the AI at times its weird somettimes the NPC just stand there and let you shoot them in the head , you can only play the Awesome Firefight with friends at the mo and there are some silly bugs in the game, the (Brute Shot) can kill you with one hit!!!! , also killing a tank with norm weapons is a pain in the bum, need more multiplayer modes

all in all the game is by farr the best halo game to date but will halo reach best it only time will tell :)

Good review, although I believe the brute shot is meant to kill you in one shot if you play on heroic or legendary difficulty (based on personal experiences from Halo 3). I haven't played this game much other than a bit at a friend's house, though I might get it sometime. Currently interested in other games at the moment though. And looking more forward to Halo Reach in all honesty, rather than this. Still, thanks for your review! :)