We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

FPS Problem with RealVision ENB(Performance)

auzna

The problem regarding RealVision ENB is my framerate, obviously listed in the title.

My system specifications:

AMD Radeon 7640g

8 GB DDR3 RAM

AMD a8-4500m APU

Before you advise me that my system can not handle it, I have another powerful rig that has the same problem. I visit my dad's every week so I find it more convenient to have a laptop, and unfortunately this is all i can afford. Also, this laptop has ran this ENB quite smoothly at around 25-35 fps, which reaches my satisfaction. I generally play on 640x480 resolution with this mod, and it looks nice in windowed mode if you don't mind playing on a small screen. However, there are now certain places in the game that drops my FPS drastically when i reach that location(Ex. Riverwood). The game literallydrops to 0-1 frames per second. I run the game smoothly most of the time everywhere else. When i first installed the mod, none of this happened. I have read the author's note about changing your Videosettings in the enblocal up by 1024, where the max would be RAM+VRAM-2048. I have done all of this, and this nothing has worked for my laptop or my desktop. I apologize if this is a blatant issue that can be fixed easily. I have just switched from console to PC, so clearly I am not very good at modding my game.

If anyone is wondering about my desktop, I think it should be able to handle it:

AMD FX-6300 3.5 GHz 6-core processor

8 GB DDR3-1600 Memory

MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB

Edited by auzna

HI ,

As with every ENB...Press [shiit]+[enter} to open the in-game menu for ENB. the top section in the second box down is a global settings section. Turn things on/off till you find what sucking your FPS...things i would look at first...

DOF

Dynamic Shadows

FPS limiter

AO (Ambient Occlusion)

IL (indirect Lighting)

Soft Particles

There is a bunch of thing you can turn off. Check to see if the AF or the AA is the culprit.