Strongest Creature

Rusciy

Well, out of just plain normal creatures, I think the highest leveled ones are Gnarl Elder, Grummite Deathdealer and Mended Flesh Atronach (all level 23) for Shivering Isles, and Lich (starting level 26, but levels upward with the player) for Oblivion.

Then there's all the special animals and creatures that are only part of one quest. I would have to say that Mehrunes Dagon is probably the hardest thing to kill in all of Oblivion, as he has 1000 health, 100 melee attack and is impossible to kill by a mortal (unless you find a workaround for this, I think there are a few). It's only possible to stagger him temporarily.

UESPWiki is a really great source for all kinds of stuff, and you kind find the lists of creatures there as well, with their levels and all kinds of info on where to find them etc.

Vanilla Oblivion Creatures

Shivering Isles Creatures

These (of course) don't display mod-added creatures. Mods like MMM and FCOM (haven't tired FCOM, but I have MMM and works great!) also add more creatures, some more challenging than the Vanilla ones.

I dunno about you... I'm fine with taking on any damn creature form the bowels of Dagon's hellhole. I'll fight legions of dremora, I'll zap all the scamps you can throw at me... Hell, I'm fine with facing down golems.

But every damn time I face a mountain lion I get eaten alive. They always manage to sneak up on me.