Follower Summoning Vertibird

dynehima

Have you considered a summoning mod for followers, or a time limit to which followers can follow you at a given time? There is a mod out on the Nexus Forums which allows a player to summon and control actual Enclave Soldiers of many and various kinds. Why not tweak this a little bit? I have imagined a certain scenario, which I truly wish would make the cut but it needs both approval and help to come to fruition.

The Wanderer talks to, I dunno, Moira or the Phalanx NPC outside of Megaton. After a few speech checks, you gain a quest. The quest is to find a few Outcast Enclave Soldiers which the Phalanx NPC saw flying overhead in a burning Vertibird. When you find it, you can choose to do a good deed and help the escaped prisoners/soldiers, even patch them up and offer them a place to crash at the Main Phalanx Base or somewhere, or kill them and take their stuff.

Either way, your big prize is a broken Vertibird. Another quest starts where you find pieces of whatever you need to fix the plane, possibly from Enclave Camps or even getting a piece from inside the base at Raven Rock. Once the plane is completed and fully repaired, you can now use your very own working Vertibird! But, why would you want a Vertibird?

Well, I have Fawkes and Sergeant RL-3 with me. But they're getting tired, or are hurt and you can't exactly patch them up at the moment. You wish the others were here. Okay then. Call the Vertibird. It can bring a currently undecided number of people to you and/or carry back whoever you don't want with you. It would be nice to see the followers get tired after a few days with you and have them NEED to go take a rest. Okay again. Replace Fawkes with Jericho and RL-3 with Butch. Fresh troops!

It isn't so simple however. The Vertibird can also carry weapons for you, even medical supplies. Can you imagine going to Evergreen Mills where the Raiders and Behemoth are, and having Air Support? The Behemoth, through the MMM (Mart's Mutant Mod) option of Selective combat, the Behemoth could see the Vertibird as a greater threat than anything there and concentrate on it instead of you, allowing you to blow the Behemoth's knees out from under him.

A Minigun, Missle Launcher, and Mini Nuke feature would be optimal, and you can select where it lands or what it attacks by using a flare gun, also found on the Nexus forums but would have to have scripting done on it. Mind you, you can't call for air support every day. It would have to be limited. A Mini Nuke once every 5 days or so, a Minigun once every 6 hours, and so on and so forth.

Oh, and what of the soldiers you saved? Why not have them become hunters. You can send the squad into Canterbury Commons and hunt for slaves if you become evil, or they can track down a Deathclaw for your personal usage in combat.

If the Vertibird is attacked and is destroyed, you can either Hijack another one from an Enclave encmapment or steal or make parts. Otherwise wait 15 ingame days for it to be repaired on it's own.

I really want to integrate the Phalanx Follower Engine into this concept. I have no idea where to start on this project though...

Please discuss this idea, I have great hopes for it. If anyone can give me assistance in creating this, possibly even tell me where I should start to be able to do this since I'm a beginner in G.E.C.K., or even teach me a few things about modding to help me on the road to learning and creating, please do so.

Hmm, I thought one of the vertibird mods already brought followers to you. Not sure about taking them home though.

Or maybe I'm just out of my mind.

Either way it's nto as detailed as what you propose.