Skin Discoloration Head/Body Problem

Limeade

Hey all, I ran into a problem that I didn't notice when installing body/face mods. The heads look fine, everything is good down to the neckline, then from the neck downward everything is in a kind of default Breezes Body. So even if I'm making a darker-skinned fellow, he still has that default skin/body... I have the newest editions of Roberts Male Body, Breezes Males, and Better Male Face, and throttlekitty's Head Fixes. I have the Official Patch 1.7 as well.

Something along the way messed things up a bit...

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a101/FaithyFaith/SkinTexture.jpg

Help, please? :)

i have the same problem so im interested in what people have to say about this. I guess its a case of you can change the colour of the characters face (tone) but not the body which makes it look naff!

Best way would be to try and tone down the face to match the colour of the body...... which will be guess work.

i have the same problem so im interested in what people have to say about this. I guess its a case of you can change the colour of the characters face (tone) but not the body which makes it look naff!

Best way would be to try and tone down the face to match the colour of the body...... which will be guess work.

Well, my friend has the same Breezes Male Mod. When I asked her to check the hispanic and black skin tones in chargen, she said they worked fine without discoloration. So I'm a bit stumped on that.

Do you have that line in your \My Documents\My Games\Fallout3\Fallout.ini:

bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=1

in the "[General]" section?

Yes, I added that in and tested it during my research of this problem. I haven't seen any difference yet. Does it matter where I put it in the [General] section?

After a lot of fiddling, reinstalling from a fresh start, and combing through mods, I have found that the problem is with the Better Male Face. Why? I couldn't tell you on a mechanical level, but it has to do with the instructions for Better Male Face here: 3. !IMPORTANT! If you want to use the face textures go to /data/textures/characters/male/ and

RENAME GeoHeadhuman.dds AND Geoheadhuman_n.dds into Headhuman.dds and headhuman_n.dds otherwise they won't work.

Changing them to headhuman_n.dds and headhuman.dds causes that skin distortion effect in the game.

Its not the instructions. When you change the name of the files to headhuman it makes it so the game uses them. when you change them to something else, the game will use the vanilla textures instead.

I didnt download the mod to look but i guess from the description that the uv map is the same as vanilla so the head texture is entirely optional.

you might as well notify geonox about your problem though.