Someone fill me in on the Fallout 3 holes

TotallyNotToastyFresh

You're probably right - let's face it, who would bother to bomb us Aussies? Although the part about AUS and the US being allied is probably a stretch, as it's stated in the bible that the US broke all their alliances when they walked out on the UN.

There are so many places in the world that COULD have survived, but those gaps are up to us to fill. The only modded country I know of so far is Iceland, which uses GTS. I'd love to walk down the streets of post-apocalyptic Sydney, though...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also Australian, and I had a very string desire to mod that exactly. It'd be a great atmosphere having the harbour bridge off in the distance collapsed into the harbour, I reckon...

Tell me about it! So many iconic things to blow up...

I did hear some rumblings on the Beth forums a while back about someone modding it - don't think it ever got off the ground though, more's the pity.

I imagined an area in Montana after 200 years. The scenes were of crumbling buildings and foliage growth that covered the buildings so the devastation no longer was visible.

After 200 years imo it would be more likely that vines and bushes would do that. I have seen old highways with a single tiny sprout pushing through the worn blacktop.

I expect the monoliths in Australia you mention would be less likely to become obscure to someone who has known them before the fall, someone who has seen pictures of them before the devastation, and someone who went to disclose the myths of the ancient wonders to show that life existed before their time.

Why would nature not return?

I think It's safe to say radiation from Nuclear affected countries spilled into neighboring, perhaps even further, creating the snowball effect.

Best guess, mainly from Zeta, the radiation was carried through the air to the majority of nearby countries at least.

Yeah, and also, it'd be easy to retexture the vanilla dog to a sandy colour so you have dingoes running around the place. :P

Indeed. After a long period of years (longer than 200, I'm guessing) the clouds of radiation would have had to dissipate completely, meaning that the rain would have to turn pure again and therefore you have pure water. And pure water means you have green growing again, and there you go.

What I'd like to know is how long it would take for the clouds of radiation to dissipate. If it's 201 years, awesome, because then I can make a mod where the year goes to 2278. If not, damn.

Yeah, and also, it'd be easy to retexture the vanilla dog to a sandy colour so you have dingoes running around the place. :P

What I'd like to know is how long it would take for the clouds of radiation to dissipate. If it's 201 years, awesome, because then I can make a mod where the year goes to 2278. If not, damn.

Check out this link about the U. S. A. Atomic Bomb tests and :unsure: fallout information.

Well that's a long time, but I mean, Hiroshima is habitable today, 60-odd years after they dropped the bomb. But then again, there was a load of bombs dropped in the great war, not just one, so I dunno.

I need a lot more explanation's as to how the two cities recovered before I would guess as to their habitability.

Maybe the land masses were not radiated as long because the Japanese island's are volcanic in nature?

I am only going on what I remember from word of mouth about Japan's land mass though.

There's probably a website for finding out more.

I think Chernobyl would be a better example for a comparison to Washiington, D. C.. It has been over 20 years since it happened.

"I think Chernobyl would be a better example for a comparison to Washington, D. C.. It has been over 20 years since it happened."

Indeed, and nature is thriving in and around the Chernobyl exclusion zone, even in areas still notably radioactive. It's worth having a look on Google earth at this region.

Nukes would be air-burst in an attack (other than bunker-busting attacks) in order to do the maximum damage, but this results in far less post-explosion fallout than ground-burst attacks would. Extensive fire and blast damage would ensue but there would be few craters, and vegetation would recover quite quickly. The desertification of land everywhere in Fallout is really a fantasy.