Style or protection?

MS08

Do you prefer to use Stylish gear [even though useless] or proper armour [eg PA]?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Style or Protection?

• Style
    • Protection
    • Bit of both

Style for the character I'm playing. First time through I wore Tesla PA the whole time. But I became a walking tank and almost nothing could touch me. Boring.... this time I wear Wastlander Leather Armor and use only non-energy weapons. Much harder to stay alive but much more interesting. And it fits who I am this time in-game.

Can I choose all of the above?

Over my first character's various lives, she used all three. Personally I prefer style or "a bit of both" as what's the point of having a nice-looking character, when you cover it all up with bulky, ugly power armor? (despite this, Kuroe did make regular use of the stuff at one point).

Later, Kuroe 4 began dressing for the occasion. For light travel she'd wear a seifuku. When she knew she'd be going into a hot zone and needed to kick ass, she'd strap on an outfit consisting mostly of pieces from Tailor Made. (Here's the only pic I have of her in that outfit.. I've already archived off her save files so it'd be a pain to make a new shot :P) In that gear she had max DR and enough bonuses to make a Behemoth crap his pants--especially if she came after him not with the weapons shown, but with her lasers. ;)