The Tale of the Hero

Shoren

The Tale of the Hero

Are you ready to enter in to this realm? Face the greatest of the evil? How about wonders beyond your imagination? Are you sure you wish to enter to the world of Tamriel? If you are. Brace yourself to the greatest adventure which has been seen in these lands. Shall the evil prevail or shall the good claim the victory? That is for the future to unfold.

It was the fourteenth year of the fifth era. Tamriel and actually whole Nirn had chanced a lot since the Oblivion crisis long time ago and barely nobody remembered or believed such tale any more The throne of the emperor at Cyrodiil is still empty as there has been no heir to Septim bloodline so the Elder Council has been doing duty of the Emperor at ruling over whole Tamriel. There has been rumours of a new religion rising. The Mystic Dawn is what it is called serving one of greatest Daedric princes Mehrunes Dagon. This threat was once repelled by the sixth champion of Cyrodiil thousand years ago. The tales of the Oblivion crisis are almost forgotten only some elements remain in old fairytales.

Chapter I

~The Beginning~

It was night already as the sun had set beyond horizon. An old imperial man with long grey beard and hair was sitting in old inn which had sign "Olav's Tap and Tack" above front door. The man was wearing bright blue robe with golden details with same styled hood over his head. He was enjoying an frosty beer as he looked outside where it was heavily raining snow. A warm smile appeared on his face as he noticed the front door opening. From the door came a berton man not much above thirty years old. He was wearing a ebony armour and a bright red cloak over it. There was also a longsword on his belt and shield on his back. The man had very muscular body structure with quite average height and light brown hair which reached his shoulders. The man also started to smile as he noticed the old man and quickly walked where the old man was.

"So what brings you here old friend? I heard you became the arch-mage of the Arcane University so you have to have more important things to do than speak with an old friend." The warrior said with happy tone on his voice as he spoke.

"Actually it is a job what brings me to Bruma Celestian but what are you doing here? You are the guildmaster of the Fighter's guild so you should have your own duties." The old man said with calm and sharp voice.

"Same as you Martin a contract came which required that I come here to meet somebody." Celestian said and sighed as the warrior shrugged.

"I see... I could say this is not coincidence." The mage said as he slightly wondered about the note which he got.

The door opened once again. A man walked in. This time it was an middle aged imperial. The man was quite wimpy looking on overall but his sky blue eyes seemed like they could pierce through anything. The man had black short hair and a red robe as clothes. The man walked straight where Martin and Celestian were.

"So what do we own this honour Chancellor Nader? And to meet us in this northern town in secrecy?" The mage asked with amused tone as he understood immediately what was going on.

"Sorry to call you out here but I need both of your help. There is chance we have found a true Septim after all these years. Of course this has to be kept secret after all if such information finds wrong ears who knows what might happen." Nader said as he brushed off the snow out of his shoulders.

"How you know the person of you speak of has such old bloodline in his or hers veins? I believe that bloodline ended with the Oblivion crisis hundreds of years ago." The mage asked with same sharp and calm tone as before.

"Like I said there is no guarantee but this might be it."

"Alright I'll look into it... I hope you are correct as the Dragonfires has to be lit soon or what I have seen in my dreams might become reality. The jaws of the Oblivion are opening again after all these years. That is what I have seen. Also even if we find the heir we need to get new amulet of the kings as after all old one was lost forever when Martin Septim transformed into the form of Akatosh and defeated Mehrunes Dagon."

"Well then you two know your new quest which takes the priority above all else. Here you can find the details of what I know about the matter and now I have to leave." Nader told both of the guildmasters and gave a scroll to Martin before he left.

"Well then Celestian my old friend we should go also as there is much to do and little time to do it." The mage said as he grabbed his wooden staff and started to walk towards to the front door with the warrior just behind him.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter II

~Friends or foes?~

As both, the mage Martin and the warrior Celestian, left the town of Nords which was known as Bruma it was still snowing heavily. After all this was the most northern town of Cyrodiil. It was unwise to read the scroll now as the wetness of snow would destroy letters written with ink so they started head towards north-east. There was abandoned fortress of the Blades, Cloud Ruler Temple. The Blades faction was no more as who would continue such tradition as after there was no emperor to serve any more.

As they approached the temple they noticed a fire inside the temple and the gates shut.

"Bandits?" The warrior asked carefully.

"Could be..." The mage replied as he gathered some of his magicka to palm of his hand and summoned small dove.

The dove flew over the temple to scout but was shot down before it could leave.

"Yes bandits most likely at least... So lets go greet them, shall we?" The mage told the warrior with slight smile as he started walk towards the temple.

As Martin reached the gates he knocked the door with his staff making three slow but hard knocks.

"Who's there?" A voice asked. The voice belonged to a man that much was clear.

"Just two travellers looking for shelter from this snowstorm." Martin told the voice.

"Alright you can come in now." The voice said and the gates started to open up.

As both Martin and Celestian entered to the fortress they noticed soon that they were surrounded with swords on their throats. A man stepped forwards. He was quite tall person so he was most likely a nord but what caught Martin's eye was that all of this group wore old uniform of the Blades and each weapon and armour was in top condition.

"And now tell us your real reasons. You think we wouldn't recognize such important persons as both of you." The man said.

"Well then if you know who we are then you should also know that you have no chance to survive against us after this treatment but tell me why are you wearing armour of such old faction as the Blades." The mage told the man.

"Such piece of information is none of your concern mage but tell us what brings you here then you might live see new day."

"Like I told you we are just travellers who wish to look for shelter from this snowstorm."

"Then why didn't you stay in Bruma? I believe you have other reasons as no normal situation would bring two such important figures to place like this."

"Our other reason is a top secret only few selected people know it and such I want to keep it until things are confirmed. Rest assured thought it doesn't affect you if you are true Blades or just bandits."

"Well then welcome to Cloud Ruler Temple and if you don't wish to be recognized easily I would suggest that you get new clothes." The man laughed as he gave a sign to rest of the group to sheath their weapons.

"Thank you that you didn't want turn this to a fight." Martin said with slight smile.

Then Martin and Celestia entered inside the main hall. Even thought this fortress should be abandoned it was in quite good condition. Maybe these people were remnants of the Blades or somebody else who wished to keep this fortress in good condition for historical values.

"Can we trust these people?" The warrior finally asked.

"We do not have currently much of choice now, do we?" The mage said and sighed as he brushed the snow from his robe.

Chapter III

~The objective and the escape~

Martin looked a place which they could be alone as after all this was a matter of top secrecy now as there are many members in the Elder Council who were corrupt to the bone. Of course they wanted keep their power instead of giving it out to some random person who claims to be a heir to the Septim bloodline so who knows somebody could hire an assassins like the Dark Brotherhood after the person. When they finally found the place Martin broke the seal from the scroll which the chancellor Nader gave him and opened it. It was quickly handwritten so some parts were quite hard to read.

"Martin and Celestian-

Like you know this quest is top secret so you shall not speak of it unless you are sure you are alone and do not tell about it others especially not others of the Elder Council. I don't trust those corrupt politicians at all.

Well in any case as you know I might have found an heir of the Septim bloodline and this person is a boy named Farael Goodwish. He is an orphan boy not much above seventeen years old. He lives in old manor at Anvil. I believe it's same manor which the sixth Champion of Cyrodiil used long time ago.

So investigate these matters and come back when you have the results be it good or be it bad ones.

-Chancellor Nader Greyone of the Elder Council."

"I see..." Martin said as he and Celestian read the scroll and after he finished it he burned it to ashes with simple fire spell. "Well then we should be leaving and go back to Bruma as if I remember correctly the Mage Guild there has developed a teleportation spell and like that person from before said we do need disguises along with supplies." He added when scroll was just a pile of ash.

When they were about to leave the Cloud Ruler Temple same group as before stopped them.

"Oh where are you thinking going?" Same man as before said with a smirk in his face.

"Leaving so we do need to trouble you no longer." Martin said quickly noticing the smirk.

"But I cannot let you leave as I got new orders now from my boss and it tells I have to keep you in here."

"And may I ask who is your boss?"

"That matters only little to you as after all both of you are going to die in here."

"This seems to turn into a fight." Celestian said and sighed as he placed his hand to his longsword.

"So it seems... So it seems..." Martin said as he too tighter grip from his staff which he took support of.

"What you think of our chances of survival."

"Lets see... Around thirty guys and around half is ranged type. So I would say quite slim. Wait I know a thing which could work." The mage said as he raised his staff. A bright light came from highest point blinding momentary everybody who directly saw it. "Lets run." He told to the warrior and started run towards the walls as the gate was closed.

As they to edge of one of the walls Martin cast a spell which slowed their fall as after all it was quite high wall and especially an old guy like Martin such jump without any spells slowing the fall would break at least his legs. Then they jumped and when they reached the ground they started to run back to Bruma.

Thanks for the support both of you.

I'll try get next chapter is up today (I live in Finland so it's GMT +2) but I might not be able all depends how much homework I get from the school today :sorcerer:

:thanks:

Chapter IV

~Back in Bruma~

When the companion reached Bruma Martin collapsed to his knees in this snowstorm. His breathing was quite hard as if he hadn't run for years which he hadn't really as after all the mages uses most of their time to study in their rooms and so on and also his age started to slow him down.

"I'm too old for things like this... If I were twenty years younger..." Martin said between his breaths as he started to raise back to stand. He heavily leaned to the staff.

"So what you think do they follow us?" The warrior asked as he quickly caught up his own breath as after all he was in top psychical condition.

"Most likely... We should warn the guards as it might bring a real big battle to here."

"I guess... It's not really my style to run from battles."

"It's much wiser to retreat than die in vain as after all we do have really important quest to take care of."

After that small conversation Celestian warned the guards while Martin took care of new clothes and other supplies. Martin bought himself a grey robe while for Celestian normal peasant clothes. They had promised to meet at front of the mage guild where they met in about ten minutes. When they met they entered inside the guild.

"Ah. Arch-Mage what can I do for you today?" A breton woman in her mid-forties asked.

"We wish to travel to Anvil at haste so we wish to use your teleportation service." Martin replied as he brushed off the snow from his clothes.

"Sorry but it is out of service today as we do not have enough ingredients to complete the spell so it takes around one day to gather required the materials."

"I see... Well then we'll be back tomorrow." Martin said as he left the guild and started head towards nearby inn.

"So we're going to wait?" Celestian asked.

"Yes as even if we delay one day it is much faster than go by with horse or walk." Martin replied and sighed as they entered an inn which was called Jerall View Inn as it was already after the mid-night.

Soon the night turned to morning which turned to mid-day. Only after the mid-day did Martin and Celestian wake up as after all they did stay awake very late. They slept well and the group from Cloud Ruler Temple hadn't bothered them or attacked Bruma. The rooms were quite expensive compared to normal prices of other inns. Of course there was few more expensive inns but this was quite high in the list. Soon they left the inn as they had still this spare day to use to get some information of different matters and they could manage their guilds from local offices to some extend.

((Writers note: Sorry it's bit shorter chapter than others as simply didn't have any idea how to continue but don't worry I have quite good idea what happens next but I am still open for suggestions so it should be back to normal length if not longer))

Chapter V

~The New Dawn~

As Celestian and Martin woke up from their beds the sun was high in the sky already and the snowstorm had stopped so it was clear sky for now at least. Celestian yawned loudly as he stretched his arms and started to dress up to the new clothes which Martin bought earlier. Martin on other hand as he woke up his every muscle was in pain thanks to sudden running after years of sitting in his room and studied. He had hard time to rise from the bed but after few minutes he could finally do it. Martin quickly took support from his staff as he came off the bed. After few deep breaths he dressed up to the grey robe. So the new day began for both of the companion.

Celestian soon headed to the fighters guildhall which was located in Bruma to find out the news what has happened around. Of course he got reception of a royalty as after all he was the guild master of the Fighters Guild. There was nothing new going on but Celestian decided to stay on the guildhall for now as he had nothing better to do.

Martin on other hand started to wander the town to see if there was any interesting rumours going on.

"Did you heard there is some new cult forming? A Mythic Dawn I believe the name was." A man said to a woman.

"Yeah I did but I wonder what they represent about..." The woman replied.

"I believe it's some kind of religion if I remember correctly."

As Martin passed the man and the woman he started to wonder. "Mythic Dawn... Mythic Dawn... Why does that name ring some bells in my mind?" Then the puzzle snapped together. "Ah now I remember! I believe it was mentioned with the Oblivion crisis but what was it with referred... I'll have to read that book again when we get back to the Imperial City." Then Martin heard a loud bang on the northern gate and no doubt so did everybody in the town.

He quickly ran to the northern gate. It was blown open and there was scent of gunpowder in the air. "A bomb?" Martin asked from himself as people started gather around as did the guards. Celestian soon spotted Martin.

"What happened?" He asked from the mage.

"I'm not sure but it seems somebody blew the gate open for some reason... And I believe I know who did it but I don't have any proof yet." Martin replied as he held his staff close to him.

Soon an arrow flew towards Celestian but it missed as it was shot too far away for it to be accurate shot.

"I think I have an idea also." Celestia said as he drew his longsword quickly. He was used to this kind of things so he was able to stay completely calm.

A group of people rushed through the gate. It was the same group as Martin and Celestian met in the Cloud Ruler Temple. Soon it became a battle as guards rushed to stop these new invaders. There was around ten guards currently but soon most of the barrack would bring reinforcements so the group of bandits had time limit when they could kill Celestian and Martin which was their objective partly because it was an order from their master and partly because they wanted revenge for blinding them. Even thought they had a plan planned carefully they had one major setback. The guards were also good warriors so they could take care of them and it didn't help at all that more and more guards were coming every minute. There was about two hundreds guards in the town in total before the attack. About ten died when the bomb exploded. On other hand the group of bandits themselves had about thirty members so they were obliviously in major disadvantage. This bothered Martin why did they attack so boldly against these odds.

Soon the attack was over and each member of the group of the bandits were dead and about fifty members of the guards were dead along with few members of the Mage Guild and few members of the Fighters Guild. Most casualties caused suicide bomb which the leader carried so only clues about their ulterior motives were destroyed along with the explosion. Celestian got caught in the blast partly but he only suffered minor wounds from it which were healed quickly by the priests of the church.

"So what you think of the attack?" Martin asked from Celestian.

"Didn't notice anything weird but only thing what bothers me is that they attacked such small group against odds where they surely lose." The warrior replied and sighed.

"So you tough about the same thing as me."