Borderlands style interactions

SpartanISW108

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't know sorry, I just attatched my part of the script to the end of "Grabby Fingers" mod for Fallout 3. The top half above the "IsKeyPressed" function is from that mod. I simply added them together to alleviate the really delayed response I was getting from putting the script in its own quest/questscript

For some reasons the effects of this script stop working after a certain amount of time and I have no idea how to fix it. It all works exactly as I wish it to one minute. Then the next, absolutely nothing, the grab+interact weapon equip doesn't work, and the "X" to drop doesn't work. Nothing fixes it but completely exiting out of the game.

For some reasons the effects of this script stop working after a certain amount of time and I have no idea how to fix it. It all works exactly as I wish it to one minute. Then the next, absolutely nothing, the grab+interact weapon equip doesn't work, and the "X" to drop doesn't work. Nothing fixes it but completely exiting out of the game.

I'll try to take a look at it this evening, or (more likely) this weekend. In the meantime can you test it with just gribbles script (the mod I linked to) only and see if the bug appears. It will help us to narrrow down if it's a problem only with the code you added.

The weapon sometimes ends up clipping into terrain and falling under it, but oh well. Beggars can't be choosers.

......If you know a way to stop some weapons clipping into and through terrain that'd be great.

Well there are two other functions you can use instead of drop. dropMe and removeMe. But dropMe doesn't retain the health of the weapon, and removeMe may crash the game if it's used outside of a equip block. But give them both a shot and it may stop them from clipping through the landscape.

bad navmeshing probably

Well navmeshing really only applies to actors, not objects.

It's a bug in grabby fingers as well (I'm on FO3 but its mostly the same) I read when I went through the comments on it. So I'm just wondering how to fix it

OK, I doubt I'll be able to fix it since I'm not a script guy and Gribbleshnibit8 is. If he can't squash the bug, I doubt I'll find the solution, but I'll take a look.

If it's a quest script, and for any reason one of the functions fails to evaluate properly (such as say, trying to drop a nonexistent object), it will crash the script, stopping it from working anymore.

I don't believe mine has that issue, but it also doesn't have the drop feature you were looking for specifically because at least half the time the objects would clip through the ground and disappear. I considered that not including that feature was more prudent than having to deal with "I used your mod and lost My-Super-Awesome-Unique-Gun" comments from people who never read descriptions.