MCM Custom File Reference

Robinsage

Howdy. Has there been a change in the .swf or .dds file requirements for an MCM mod splash page? I'm assuming the file still needs to be located in data/interface and must indeed be swf or dds. Is there a file size restriction? I can't get any swf or dds file to show up.

Thanks

If you are following the examples and description explained at the following link, it should be working.

https://github.com/schlangster/skyui/wiki/MCM-Advanced-Features

There is a size restriction as far as dimensions go. It cannot be any larger than 770 x 446.

If your image is that or smaller, then it may be possible that the problem is on the script side. Check the dimensions and if there is still a problem, then at the very least post the relevant portions of the MCM script.

Thanks for the dimensions - the swf is 500x381 so.. its in /interface.. hmm idk. Here's the code. It's not unlikely I fatfingered something haha. Good to see you IM!

;===============================================================

Event OnConfigInit()
    Pages = New String[1]
    Pages[0] = "Options"
EndEvent

;===============================================================

Event OnPageReset(string page)
  If (page == "")
    LoadCustomContent("RS Splash.swf")
    Return
  Else
    UnloadCustomContent()
  EndIf

etc..
Edited by Robinsage

Just a guess... Maybe it does not like the space in the name. I know it is in quotes, but you never know. It at least would be worth a shot to try with a single word name.

Then again SWF is beyond me. I've only used DDS files for this particular function (on nothing released yet).

Hopefully, schlangster might stop by with some answers....

Out of curiosity, you are testing this by using a save that has not seen any version of the script before? I always coc somewhere from the main menu when just testing out MCM features.

Changing the name didn't do anything. It could be the swf file itself, maybe it's just too busy. I don't think so though because MCM didn't like the dds either. I'll make a new splash page to rule that out anyway.

I also posted this issue on the SKYUI thread, nothing yet.

I don't use saves to test with (learned that with B3). I use coc riverwood or whiterun etc at the menu to be sure I'm getting a fresh char load to test with.