All fell to the power of their Rings.

SiniVII

So wow. That's an extremely easy AI package to set up. Look at MyvrynaArano (you were correct thanks pappez) and check her AI for one labeled "TG00DeliverNote"

Basically all it does is use a "Find" AI time, and then a dummy player reference that is located in the abandoned mine as the target. Since it doesn't have a location she should start looking for you wherever you are. Pretty interesting, though it would need some testing so when you fast travel to a town the wraith isn't there waiting for you).

So wow. That's an extremely easy AI package to set up. Look at MyvrynaArano (you were correct thanks pappez) and check her AI for one labeled "TG00DeliverNote"

Basically all it does is use a "Find" AI time, and then a dummy player reference that is located in the abandoned mine as the target. Since it doesn't have a location she should start looking for you wherever you are. Pretty interesting, though it would need some testing so when you fast travel to a town the wraith isn't there waiting for you).

You could use a script to check whether the player is in a town, and if he isn't maybe place the wraith to the player, or if you wanted to use an AI package you could make it so that it sets the wraiths AI Package (SetActorsAI, I believe) to whatever your AI package is.

Well I was saying I don't want the wriath waiting there for you ahead of time, but I think a wraith should be able to enter towns, though depending on how you want it done he might kill everyone haha.

According to the OP there would be one Nazgul that always follows you around so it would always be running this AI (because he wouldn't even spawn until you have the ring). Or if you only want him to come to you while you have the ring equipped you could set an AI condition for that.

The other Nazgul would be on patrol in a certain region and if the character equips the ring in their region the would start this AI package. This too could be done with a simple AI condition (and possibly a script variable call, but without testing I'm not sure it may not need this).

The idea being that anytime you equip the ring you would have two Nazgul coming for you - a regular one and the Witch King or whatever he's called. Generally the regular one would be closer to where you are as he would be restricted to patrolling a smaller portion of the game world. Whereas the King would be farther away and take longer to appear.

On another thought the kings AI package should also to be set such that if the player is in combat with ANY of the nazgul he would come running (slowly as per OPs request), but once the player either killed the nazgul or evaded him the King would return to patrolling the entire worldspace.

But I like using the AI to make him come towards you rather than using a script moveto. Move to is just too sudden, what if you just had to hide from one on a road into a town. Now you're in the town and the second you put the ring on he appears there. Or even if you added a thirty second delay it's just too predictable. You'd just take the ring off and put it back on every twenty seconds.

Could you script the AI to not go into city cells? That way you wouldnt have to worrie about it finding you in a city? or if the AI did find you make the other NPC's 100 aggro at the wraith?

Well I was saying I don't want the wriath waiting there for you ahead of time, but I think a wraith should be able to enter towns, though depending on how you want it done he might kill everyone haha.

According to the OP there would be one Nazgul that always follows you around so it would always be running this AI (because he wouldn't even spawn until you have the ring). Or if you only want him to come to you while you have the ring equipped you could set an AI condition for that.

The other Nazgul would be on patrol in a certain region and if the character equips the ring in their region the would start this AI package. This too could be done with a simple AI condition (and possibly a script variable call, but without testing I'm not sure it may not need this).

The idea being that anytime you equip the ring you would have two Nazgul coming for you - a regular one and the Witch King or whatever he's called. Generally the regular one would be closer to where you are as he would be restricted to patrolling a smaller portion of the game world. Whereas the King would be farther away and take longer to appear.

On another thought the kings AI package should also to be set such that if the player is in combat with ANY of the nazgul he would come running (slowly as per OPs request), but once the player either killed the nazgul or evaded him the King would return to patrolling the entire worldspace.

But I like using the AI to make him come towards you rather than using a script moveto. Move to is just too sudden, what if you just had to hide from one on a road into a town. Now you're in the town and the second you put the ring on he appears there. Or even if you added a thirty second delay it's just too predictable. You'd just take the ring off and put it back on every twenty seconds.

Not sure how you would make it so they only follow you unless you are in a certain region, would probably need some experimenting, but the AI Package would work for the Witch King, you could make so that the Nazgul Patrol the roads, but I'm pretty sure thats not what you have in mind. You could make it so that if you get within said feet of the Nazgul, it will follow you, but again probably not what you want. :confused:

Could you script the AI to not go into city cells? That way you wouldnt have to worrie about it finding you in a city? or if the AI did find you make the other NPC's 100 aggro at the wraith?

Pretty sure you could, but I've never done it before so :unsure:

And the idea is that they're looking for you as long as you are carrying the ring. But when you equip the ring they essentially "see" you so they'd come straight towards you.

for the first it would be as simple as making them unfriendly to the player so they'll attack on sight. The second is the bigger issue.

And you could use something like Player.IsInCell (x, y) with a for... next style loop to loop through each cell we allow them to patrol.

And the idea is that they're looking for you as long as you are carrying the ring. But when you equip the ring they essentially "see" you so they'd come straight towards you.

for the first it would be as simple as making them unfriendly to the player so they'll attack on sight. The second is the bigger issue.

And you could use something like Player.IsInCell (x, y) with a for... next style loop to loop through each cell we allow them to patrol.

sounds like alot of work

Yes, and no. Setting up thefor next loop for an experienced programmer would take a matter of minutes. Less experienced it could take 30 or so. The hardest part would be decided exactly which cells which nazgul could go into. But even that isn

t terribly hard, just pick two corners and draw a square is the easiest way.

I endorse this suggestion. :biggrin:

This one made me laugh because I imagined something. Since the nazguls will be essential and insanely powerful. It'd be like planting Mehrunes Dagon into the city cells and they will definitely sweep the floor with the guards. If you have spawning guards that keep appearing you might even get a large clog of bodies around a certain part of the city. Not to mention the nazgul will keep fighting in that city for all eternity (if the guard spawns are that fast and etc.)