Wasteland Engineering, Slaughter It, Detailed Survival

skullking777

Yeah, I got to meet Tony. ^__^ Now we are Ping-Ponging Ideas. Still I would really like to here ideas from you people as well and I would love some critizism... The lack of activity is kind of getting to me... O__O Because this is like my Baby Project/ First "REAL" Mod. You know, one where you put tons of thought and effort into it. (HEHEHE) I am in no need of "Brown-Nosing" but I do require critizism. It helps me develop new ideas.

Wasteland Engineering

===============

On another note; I've drifted in between Accelerants and Lubricants lately and I've run into a possible hiccup... Alright, here is the idea:

Cleaning Oil for Firearms, they only work a small fraction and can't get it above a certain limit, let's say for now 75% Condition... Is this possible?

Same prinicipal applies to a Laser concept, like replacing a certain part of the gun, for instance the Firing Chamber or in this case the Diamond Matrix (for Lasers) heals the gun regardless of your repair skill but you don't know how to replace the Diamond Matrix unless you have let's say 50 in Energy Weapons. Keep in mind the #s aren't important, I just want to know if it is doable.

Speaking of which... Is it possible to repair a weapon/any item based on the average of two skills? Like, your awesome at repairing things, but you don't know jack about small arms. (50RS+10SA=60/2=30 Overall Skill) Is it currently possible to alter and/or add skills (specifically adding them)? If not, no big deal I guess, I think I'll just make these new "Fields" into perks instead.

Detailed Survival

===========

So, I was browsing through a few of my mods and I saw some Weather Mods and I got to thinking... Is there a way to kind of rig the radation effect to act like... let's say Extremes of Temperatures? Because this might be implemented in Detailed Survival as Temperature Control for Temperature Specific Areas, like Anchorage, or the Desert (where ever they may be) of the Wastes. Thank you for any imformation you might be able to give me. ^__^

Alright... So I've decide (probably against my better judgement) just to start posting my lil' notepad list... Yes, notepad. This isn't everything but it should give you an idea of the scope I am talking. The reason I think it is a good idea is so your guys/gals can help me fill in the possible lists of item. First I am going to get as many items as possible, trim it down to core items and then work my way back out. At this time, I am only planning on creating the items, not replacing anything. If you think it has too much, too little, let me know. FEEL FREE to post your own ideas as currently I am really doing a bunch of research on how these things work in real life and what is likely still to have survived a Nuclear Holocaust. REMINDER: THIS IS A PARTIAL LIST!!! I have way more crap on paper than I do computer.

P.S. - If your wondering what the "(TSML/CUR/SC)" stuff is, don't worry about it... It is my rariety and varations system I am planning so I don't go overboard on detail. (EX: 2" Bolt, 3" Bolt... etc.)

WASTELAND ENGINEERING LIST OF POSSIBLE ITEMS

==================================

Accelerants (http://www.interfire.org/res_file/aec_20ig.asp)

-----------

Aceton (Liquid; Solvent; Ex: Nail Polish)

Butane (Gas; Ex: Butane Liter)

Cutting Fluid (Liquid; Lubricant)

Diesel (Liquid)

Gasoline (Liquid)

Ethanol (Liquid; Alcohol)

Kerosene (Liquid)

Lacquer Thinner (Liquid; Solvent)

Methanol (Liquid; Wood Alcohol)

Mineral Spirits (Liquid; Solvent)

Paint Thinner (Liquid; Solvent)

Petroleum (Liquid; Lubricant)

Propane (Gas; Ex: Propane Tank)

Turpentine (Liquid; Solvent)

Acids

-----

Acrylic Acid

Adhesives - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adhesive_bond...p_and_Equipment

---------

Animals

-------

Saltpetre

Components

----------

Fasteners - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fasteners

\Bolts (TSMLEHI/CURE/SC)

\Buckles (TSMLEHI/CURE/SC)

\Nails (TSML/CUR/SC)

\Nuts (TSMLEHI/CURE/SC)

\Screws (SML/CUR/SC)

\Strap (SMLEHI/CURE/SC)

\Zipper (SML/UR/SC)

Fabrics

------

Cotton

Linen

Nylon

Leather

Wool

Geological Materials

--------------------

Minerals - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mineral#Silicate_class

\Carbonate Class

\Elements Class

\Halide Class

\Organic Class

Fertilizers

\Agriculture Fertilizer (Ammonium Nitrate)

\Potash Fertilizer (Potassium Sulfate)

Fossils

\Charcoal (Ingrident)

Lump (Hardwood, Under Heat and Pressure)

Briquettes (Sawdust and Starch, Under Heat and Pressure)

Minerals

\Potassium Nitrate (Comes from Decomposing Urine essentially Saltpetre)

\Oxide Class

\Phosphate Class

\Silicate Class

Glass

\Borosilicate Glass (Resistance to "Thermal Shock", so Science Lab Glass)

\Soda-Lime Glass (Most Common Glass, so Windows and Glass Containers)

\Methyl Methacrylate (PLEXIGLAS)

\Sulfate Class

\Sulfide Class

Rock

\Crystalized

Sulfur (Ingrident)

\Igneous

\Metamorphic

\Sedimentary

Flint (Ingrident)

Lubricants

----------

Cutting Fluid (Used in Machining)

Petroleum

Material, Types of (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Materials_Engineering#Classes_of_materials_.28by_bond_types.29)

------------------

Bond Types

\Covalent Crystals

\Composite Materials

\Intermetals

\Ionic Crystals

\Metals

\Polymers

\Semiconductors

\Vitreous Materials

Constructible Material

\Glass

PLEXIGLAS (Acrylic Acid and Methanol)

\Powders

Black Powder (For Crude Explosives; Charcoal, Sulfur, Potassium Nitrate)

Smokeless Powder (Used in Ammunition; Charcoal, Sulfur, Potassium Sulfate)

Plants

------

Flax

Grains

\Flour/Starch (Ingrident)

Wood

\Hardwood (Pine)

\Sawdust (Machined)

\Wood Ash (Set on Fire; Can be use to make Soap)

Textiles - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adhesive_bond...p_and_Equipment

--------

N/A

Solvent

-------

N/A

Tools

-----

N/A

I really like your idea to be able to create things it makes much more sense in a post apocalyptic world that you would be making things and it would add a lot of play value to the game. It is fairly hard to criticize your ideas at the moment because to me they all sound good, although I will say this; it would be a good idea to make the idea of bringing hunger etc. into the game a seperate esp or mod all together as many people just can't be bothered carrying food around a dungeon just incase they get hungry. I think that it would also be a good idea to increase the carry limit to allow people to carry food, water etc. and still be able to carry their equipment and any loot they find while plundering villages etc.

I am also learning blender and I already have knowledge with nifskope and the geck I would be willing to offer my help if you need it just ask. (I will be keeping an eye on this thread)

Very good mod hope to see more soon! :)

I support the part where everything can be made, but not so much the Libido-Hygiene stuff. There are quite a lot of mods that add inebriation, food, hunger, sleep, etc.

Yeah, I hear you. Libido is Adult Mod specific. Hygiene I got the idea for because of a shower mod, and I if I do use it, it isn't going to be a major thing at all, for example, if you don't shower for 2 weeks, then you drop a level, but it is supposed to working with the Disease portion. The reason I want ot make a more detailed system is because I like Sims, it's just it doesn't have enough violence. HAHAHA!!! And NO crap is not going to be popping of ever 12 seconds saying you need to eat. It will be, the end of the first day your hungry and quite thirsty. I've based it off of how long a Human can survive without. Certain things like Psyche are quite easy to increase and keep up, but if you completely neglect your character it can't be a pain. For example, if your character is well fed, it increases psyche. I am actually thinking about taking the Inebration and Poison elements and just putting them together as a Toxin Level, because let's face it, most drugs are toxic in large quantities, and Poisons are just toxic, pure and simple. HAHA! Detailed Survival hasn't really been a huge subject on my mind. The reason I even started elaborating on it is because I would be adding a TON of Food and Liquids(Mostly Blood) and even a few perks that would most likely alter all other survival mods. I will also probably be making a LITE version of it just with Hunger, Sleep, and Thirst, for people who aren't addicted to Sims like me. ^__^

I am also learning blender and I already have knowledge with nifskope and the geck I would be willing to offer my help if you need it just ask. (I will be keeping an eye on this thread)

Really? ^__^ This is so delightful! I think the best think you could do for me with models and textures would just be a would bunch of containers and household items. You know, Boxes, Cans, Bottles so on... Thank you so much for ANYTHING you happen to swing my way. ^__^

Alright, I am now going to new some Fallout 3 Canon Information... Perhaps someone who knows it's history... Does anyone know what countries and/or Civilizations are left? Also, on a scale of 1-10(1 = Horriblel 10=Awesome) who has the best tech, and what fields that may consist of? The reason I ask is because I want to know how detialed I should get with more futuristic construction material. Like Deuterium and Ceramics/Composites.

No idea about that Canon stuff, but I think the create everything stuff and the hygiene disease stuff should be 2 seperate mods, seeing as they don't have much to do with each other. Someone may want to be able to make everything, but not want hunger/thirst...

No idea about that Canon stuff, but I think the create everything stuff and the hygiene disease stuff should be 2 seperate mods, seeing as they don't have much to do with each other. Someone may want to be able to make everything, but not want hunger/thirst...

I know, that is sort of what I am doing, thus the reason they have seperate names. They will most likely be released together because they support each other. Slaughter It and Detailed Surival will be very close when it comes to supporting each other. I mean a food mod and a survival mod? How could I resist. ^__^ I am still working on the idea of Poisons and Disease which have been pioneered by other modders. I just hope to expand it.

P.S. - Some stuff is happening IRL and I am getting held up. SORRY! XD

Alright, so I was messing around with CRAFT and here is one of my recipes. Tell me what you think.

PVC Grenade:

2x PVC Caps

1x PVC Small Tube

1x Small Primer Powder

1x Small Explosive Material

1x Pin Mechanism

Tools Required:

Drill

Plyers

See, I think what I am debating with is should I make the tools apart of the recipe? Because I think I could make it so they come out with the grenade at the end.

Armor and Weapon Ideas!

=================

Hey, I've got a bunch of weapon & armor ideas and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in making some new ones? I've gone so far as Rocket Propelled Chainsaws. ^__^ (hehe) But I was also wondering if anyone had some querky/REALISTIC Wasteland Weapons and Armor Ideas. For example, I have a huge list of makeshift bomb and grenade ideas, but one of my more querky ones was a Teddy Bear Bomb/Mine that would attracts enemies to it when they see it. Also, crossbow that can shoot bolts attacted to pipe bombs, so on.

As for armors, I've got this neat idea for Underlays and Add-ons, but I don't want to clutter FO3 up to bad... But I think even after 200 years, there would still be plenty of usable materials and such, because while Drugs and Food may go bad with time, a Kelvar Vest may not (I'm not genius XD). While my new ideas for armor may not be as... vast as my weapons list, I do have ideas. For example, Wasteland Linothorax. If you don't know what Linothorax is, it is basically an ancient form of Kevlar that Greek Hoplites wore. Certainly not as strong as Kelvar, it was still effect and realitively easy to make. Now, you apply the same technique with modern material and you have a makeshift kevlar-like vest. Maybe not the best for lasers and high caliber rounds, it is still better then nothing. I think this may be an Underlay Idea because it could easily fit on the chest. You could have it supplement a Trench Coat or something. It is only limited by your imagination.

Anyway let me know what you think and please post if you are interested. ^__^