Can't save

daddy0798

I don't know if it works, but some people have suggested the following procedure:

1) Load your latest good save.

2) Drop to console.

3) Type "player.kill" without the quotes

4) Wait for the game to reload.

I suspect some weird caching issue that has developed recently (v1.1 and later) somehow.

I don't know if it works, but some people have suggested the following procedure:

1) Load your latest good save.

2) Drop to console.

3) Type "player.kill" without the quotes

4) Wait for the game to reload.

I suspect some weird caching issue that has developed recently (v1.1 and later) somehow.

Thanks, I will try that.

are you using 1.5 patch?

1,5 is famous in crashing game on save :whistling:

I don't know if this will help but i'm using 1.7 patch. I also use FOMS, FOMM, and FOSEDIT. I've done everything that i know, and so far even the player.kill console command didn't work.

Need help Please. Again this is my list of mods.

It'll be one (or more) of your mods being mishandled by Fallout 3. You'll need to turn off your mods in groups (of say 5) and check if you can save. If you can you can turn those five on one by one until the problem appears again (thus showing you which mod is being mishandled). If not you turn off another 5 and repeat the process until you find the issue mod.

It's usually possible to re-enable the mod that was being mishandled at a later date without issue (unless the circumstances that caused Fallout 3 to mishandle it happen again).

I think i found it

A6WastelandBosses1.esp - this one causes crashes in Megaton,there is patch 1.1

that should fix this... But even with patch that mod causes crashing on save near project purity...

Remove it and try to save...

What is DataFiles.esp?

Btw i see that you have something mine ;)

I think i found it

A6WastelandBosses1.esp - this one causes crashes in Megaton,there is patch 1.1

that should fix this... But even with patch that mod causes crashing on save near project purity...

Remove it and try to save...

What is DataFiles.esp?

Btw i see that you have something mine ;)

I done has you had requested by getting rid of a6wastelandbosses1esp and moved just a little on the map with no luck, sorry. I even started taking away as suggested by TheOutLander with no noticeable difference. It still crash while trying to save.

By the way the datafiles.esp belongs to the crashsite mod.

Any other clues. Would you prehapes know of safe mods other than the originals. :whistling:

Also what mod do i have in my list that belongs to you

Hi, folks i've done a few more miscellanous things with no real help. So I was going to go ahead and strip it and reinstall. Are there any special mods amongst the list that i need not put in. Please help!

Project Purity is a highly volatile area. Due to the extreme number of NPCs (usually disabled but I doubt that makes a difference) there's a pretty good chance that the cache gets corrupted really good there. Any part of the PPurity interiors and exteriors would probably be affected by a cache corruption and therefore trigger the game-crashing bug in the save methods.

I usually avoid saving anywhere near Jefferson Memorial for that reason if I can help it.