type3 and lings finer things are not working properly

Stealth1525

I downloaded and installed the female body replacer (type3) and the clothes mod ling's finer things. I start my game, and head to tenpenny tower, when I get there all the female tenpenny residents are missing their torsos, and I head to the shop ans the dummys are all there, but their torsos are missing as well. Also, there are giant translucent diamond shaped red signs with an exclamation mark in the middle.

Im guessing I messed up the type3 mod installation and that the clothing mod has missing meshes or textures, or both

Is there a way to rectify this? and if so could you tell me how? thanks

I'm almost literally bashing my head off the wall over this

:wallbash:

I had issues with it causing ctd issues with master update. *shrugs* I gave up on it however, so I cant say if its possible to get it working :)

however, I am running fook2 and about 80 other mods, could have been some bad mod interaction.

I downloaded and installed the female body replacer (type3) and the clothes mod ling's finer things. I start my game, and head to tenpenny tower, when I get there all the female tenpenny residents are missing their torsos, and I head to the shop ans the dummys are all there, but their torsos are missing as well. Also, there are giant translucent diamond shaped red signs with an exclamation mark in the middle.

Im guessing I messed up the type3 mod installation and that the clothing mod has missing meshes or textures, or both

Exclamation points mean there are missing meshes. If only Tenpenny females are effected (ie, Megaton OK), than you are missing the Ling bsa files.

These should be in your fallout\data directory:

LingsFinerThings - ClothesPack1.bsa

You must never change the name of esp or esm files if they have relates BSAs. Fallout matches them on the file name string. Be sure you are at Fallout patch v1.6 or higher (v1.7 recommended).

Lings does not require ArchiveInvalidation because all the clothing resources are packed in the BSA. Most of the time when the BSAs are messed, it is because of FOMM package manager. Don't use it with ling.

I have Lings running with about 50 mods, many custom. No CTD.

Exclamation points mean there are missing meshes. If only Tenpenny females are effected (ie, Megaton OK), than you are missing the Ling bsa files.

These should be in your fallout\data directory:

You must never change the name of esp or esm files if they have relates BSAs. Fallout matches them on the file name string. Be sure you are at Fallout patch v1.6 or higher (v1.7 recommended).

Lings does not require ArchiveInvalidation because all the clothing resources are packed in the BSA. Most of the time when the BSAs are messed, it is because of FOMM package manager. Don't use it with ling.

I have Lings running with about 50 mods, many custom. No CTD.

Actually, I never checked megaton (blew it up on this second playthrough mhuahahah)

but I could check rivet city

Also, why are the entire torsos missing, is this related to the problem with the clothes mod? If I'm able to fix it, will the torsos become visible?

thanks for the advice.

Make sure when installing Ling's that you also get the (few) resources that must install into the meshes folder (invisible bodies are a mesh issue, missing textures show up with !'s in-game).

It's also a great idea to use FO3Edit (and get Miax's great guide on using it). It is a super utility for finding and resolving mod conflict issues.