Coming soon: Girdershade Expanded

FalloutGamer

Greetings. I have started to make a new mod called Girdershade Expanded. Its pretty obvious; it expands Girdershade. I don´t know if anyone has made this kind of mod already, but i´m gonna do it anyway. Also, i´m looking for someone to help me make new models for it, so if you´re interested, just say so.

The first version is gonna be quite simple, just some new shacks and residents, and a marketplace, up in the highway, and some landscape modifications. The second version is gonna include some quests, secrets, and maybe some new creatures, if necessary.

So, please tell your opinion about this idea.

:thanks:

Good idea! This has been much needed for a long time, imo.

But if I were you, though, I wouldn't build anything at all up on the highway, since Girdershades "memorable characteristics" or whatever you want to call it, is that it's under a highway, not on one. We've got Arefu for that already :) And besides, there's no natural way to get up there, so realistically it would just be more hassle for the inhabitants to do so.

It would be cool, however, if some of the new houses maybe were clinging on to the underside of the highway or something like that :)

Just my opinion. Good luck anyway.

Thanks for the advice, i´ll build the whole thing under the highway then. If you can handle models, you can help me build the mod, because i need some signs that are unique, like in arefu expansion.

If you are going to mod a town in the Wasteland be prepared for some weird and unexpected consequences. Modifying the landscape can be problematic, especially if you dig down into the ground. If you drop the elevation of the land then you will see a blurry LOD texture that you can walk through. That will require you to regenerate the LOD for the Wasteland to get rid of. Building up the terrain is much less complicated.

I have also seen AI package problems when sending NPCs from inside houses to the outside. Often times the NPCs will stop and not move again. This is not just a NavMesh problem apparently, but something to do with the game engine. I have also had problems with NPCs appearing far away from town and have had to create scripts to yank them back if they get too far away. I think that this might be related to the game engine too, since I have seen Rivet City residents far from their town on occasions.

Good luck with your project. I am just trying to learn Blender, so I can't help with the modelling. I was able to make unique looking signs just by retexturing vanilla sign meshes, though. You might find that method useful.

I edited the landscape just a little bit to get the new houses in a stable land, rather than rotating them to a bad angle. I´m going to copy the AI packages from some original ones and change the targets (Like what bed they sleep in and so on). It´s pretty obvious that you get some bugs with modding because theres so much uncompiling, compiling and recompiling that some IDs may go in another place, where it isnt supposed to be. But other than that, this method of data use is good, because the game loads very fast, because all the data is already compiled to the computer language (Or whatever it is called).

I regenerated the navmesh after completing all static stuff outside, now i´m gonna do all the interiors. I learned how to make alternate textures just yesterday, so i might not need new models anymore, but we´ll see. But mods could always need voice actors to make it more interesting, rather than just displaying text and not saying anything. A good example is the mod called "A little mutant problem". It has voices.

I will be releasing some pictures soon.