body Replacer Radomizer?!?!

Mardrigon

TO THE BODY REPLACER GODS, thank you all for some awesome work

what i am wondering is their a way to assign then to be randomized thru out FO3 using all the type 3, type 5, Babe, Mako, and other into making all the NPCs have different bodies and a simple clothing fix could have the character say "thanks but that won't fit me"

something using the pipboy so the player can assign body replacers to themselves and groups of individuals or npc types raiders can have less fat, travelers can look more ragged mercs and talons looking stronger

just wondering if all you BOD-GODs could pool together to make something like this work it would change the perspective of all the npc in the game

well thanks for listening i hope its possible

sorry, not possible...

you have to create a custom race to have a different body type, and you can't have random races

and even if you could, there is only one set of clothing, so anyone that is not naked would still have the body type of whatever set of clothes meshes you have...

If you wanted everyone to be naked, and to go through and manualy change every NPC it would be possible to have them all have different body types... but that is just kindof crazy...

I am takeing 5 characters from my mod and giveing them custom body types, and then giveing them each 3 outfits that only they can wear, and shapeing those 3 meshes to their particular body. But that is a huge amount of work, and you can't give them any outfits to wear or take their outfit after you kill them or whatever, because then YOU would have their body type...

So I guess in theory, you could do that for every single character in the game, but it would be an incredible amount of work, and you would have to find a way that you could no longer take clothes off of the dead characters... But it wouldn't be random at all, someone would have to go through each NPC and set them up to a custom race...

There's a setting on all PC's that can be ticked to say "Can be all races" isn't there? Does that work?

I am not familiar with anything like that, but there may be.

But then you would still have to find a way to randomize it, and even once you got it randomized, they would still be wearing the same outfit, so they wouldn't look any different at all, because the character is shaped like the outfit mesh, not by the base body type. So even if you could randomize the races of NPCs they would have to all be naked for it to work.

So you can't create a script to randomize individual NPCs, you would have to change them individually?

how can i do that then i will do it, i just don't know how. i would like to use several different body types that modders have created to make so interesting characters then, and yes of course once done i would post.

You would have to create a cutsom race for each one, and then assign the unique body mesh and texture to that race

but I think you missed the point that it would only work if every person in the game in naked, because the outfit mesh is what effects the shape of the character, so everyone would end up looking the same anyways if they were wearing clothes...

So you can't create a script to randomize individual NPCs, you would have to change them individually?

how can i do that then i will do it, i just don't know how. i would like to use several different body types that modders have created to make so interesting characters then, and yes of course once done i would post.

Rather than creating custom races, you can use NIFscope to create "bodysuits". Each body mod has a unique upperbody.nif. You can rename them as "type3bod.nif or Exnembod.nif for clarity. You must also keep the skin textures separate and map each nif to the appropriate skin with NIFscope. Create armor items in GECK for each of your bodysuits and assign them to the upperbody slot.

Now, the real work begins....

You need to "hollow-out" the mod outfits so they will not have a conflicting body mesh. In NIFscope, identify the body's TriShape and remove branch. I'll say again, branch. Its important. Good technique would include removing all the mismemberment meatpacks and unnecessary bone nodes, but it isn't necessary. Load your new "clothes only" nifs into GECK using a body slot other than upperbody. Give your NPC a body suit and matching outfit, and voila, you're done.

Any yes, you still have to do distribute them manually. Its a ton of work.

LingsPrettyThings mod distributes 5 different body types throughout the wasteland (with appropriate outfits), but they are all type 3 variants. The concept, however, is sound. I have a private mod with three female NPC sporting Type3, Exnem, and Growlf bodies respectively.

Madrigon, i've wanted something just like this for some time but as stated, it seems highly unlikely. there are tutorials out there on making your own custom races but they're beyond me at this point. just learning how to add mods lol. as Earache mentioned there are some great body suits out there that basically make a character "wear" the body replacer as clothing. thanks much to Dimon and the body suits for Type 3! they at least give me a chance for variety amongst followers or in small towns. i'd love if some suits were made for Babe or Exnems.

i'll mention it since it's along the same vein. we need usable wigs! about 8-10 hairstyles in 2-3 colors. that's all, course more's better heh. just a few wearable wigs to give to your favorite NPCs.

oh and thanks to Earache and Tony for your wonderful mods!!