How to best use FOMM

Duroth

Hello,

I've just downloaded FOMM to manage a substantial amount of mods, but there are a few questions I can't seem to find an answer on.

First, and foremost, when using the Package Manager, it seems that mods don't need to be installed / copied to the Fallout 3 base directory. Is this correct? Second, when using the package manager to load mods, what are the chances of FOMM trying to load conflicting mods? I.E Data files that share a common name, or that modify/expand on the same existing data files? Is there any check in place that warns you when trying to load conflicting mods?

I can't seem to find any real documentation on FOMM (apart from 5-line installation / usage instructions ;) ), so I've turned to this forum with these questions.

Package Manager:

the actual .fomod file goes to the "fomm\mods" folder of Fallout3's install directory, but all the usual files (esm, esp, dds, and so on) do go to the "data" folder so there is some chance of overwrite, you will get a warning & different options to handle the situation as it arrises.

Hope that helps

BTW Welcome to the Nexus