Attention Mod Creators

jjb54

I've noticed that, not surprisingly - 98% of the mods were created a good 2 +/- years ago.

Then the Mod Creator is M.I.A.

Can I ask a favor - Fallout New Vegas is not dead .... there are new users, and old one's that find "your" mod and want to play it.

But posted questions - yes most have been asked before - BUT NOT ALL - and it would be nice if the Creators could check in, at least 1 or 2x's a week, please.

You have great mods - but there are some questions that users (new) are asking ...

Thanks! ... Jj ...

I'm confused on what you're trying to ask? Of course Fallout New Vegas ain't dead, and there have been tens if not hundreds of good mods that have come out in 2013. What are some of those questions anyway? Are you trying to ask that people who don't check the forum enough to check it more often, as that's probably not going to do much.

You know how it is when the next new game comes out, the mod makers of the "former new game" move on... they don't check the forums anymore for the old games. Of course not... can't ask them too or they might do something drastic like pull the mods down so they don't have to deal with it. That's where players of the new games come into play. As we work things out we respond to posts and help where we can.

/shrug

Tis the way of the game path. I mean really, who here still checks the Morrowind forums? Not just mod makers, but mod users? Yeah... I loved Morrowind, played it for nearly 2 yrs... it's been that much plus a few more since I looked at any of those forums. Why should I? I don't play anymore :D But I am still playing Skyrim, and working on my very first mod... :D

It's the circle of life young master jjb54, become a helper if you can. If not, post your questions, they do get answered, generally, eventually :D

Hope this helps in some miniscule way... if not then, keep moving, nothing to see here :D

Happy gaming,

Another Skyrim Dovahkiin :D

Why should they come back and pay attention to their mods when they have moved on? Also 98%, really? I'm aware you made that up but there are still a lot of good mods that came out last year.

*Shrugs*

I do not keep tabs on my Oblivion mods, they are all final and they all work. But you want me to check in on all those mods 1 or 2 times a week, I am sorry but I have better things to do then deal with old mods I would other wise just remove if they became bothersome.

I'm confused on what you're trying to ask? Of course Fallout New Vegas ain't dead, and there have been tens if not hundreds of good mods that have come out in 2013. What are some of those questions anyway? Are you trying to ask that people who don't check the forum enough to check it more often, as that's probably not going to do much.

I know that there are a good number of MODS that have users posting Questions since Jan 2014 and the Mod Creator is not "there" - last time they were in their mod forum was 2012 / early 2013.

Now I went to check their status and see that some are active and on Nexus even w/in the past week - yet I think (??) they figure their mod is not active anymore ??? or what????

So just asking that the MOD CREATORS check in - as people are still posting and asking questions ....

Why should they come back and pay attention to their mods when they have moved on? Also 98%, really? I'm aware you made that up but there are still a lot of good mods that came out last year.

Yes there are -- but a lot are prior to 2013 .... at least the FO NV mods I am looking at .... :)

But oh well - I guess this 'was too much to ask' ... I kind of had that feeling ... but hey, had to try, right?

You got to think about it like this, does the modder have the time to check everything all the time for the rest of their lives? Do YOU have the time to field answers 20+ mods every week for the past 4 years?

Of course not, alot of us are adults (or soon to be adults) we have things to do in our life other then spend time on FREE stuff.

As a currently small mod author, it's easy to reply to users (especially since I only mod for one game). But when you become a big time mod author, accross multiple games, well... Do I really need to say it... But don't be alarmed New Vegas Modding is not dead and won't be for a very long time, hell Fallout 1 and 2 are still getting new mods, did you even know that they had mods to begin with?