black faces and missing bodies problem

Jacob Black

my dudes face is black [this i have fixed] [the rest i have not and probabley cant fix] and his hands are missing. With out armor on his bodie is in visible iv not had this problem until i put obse v 17 in my game. does obse v18 fix this problem? also many of my textures (clothing books and stuff like that from mods) are the place holder things. can some one please help? it is not game threatoning but highly weird and annoying and i would like to correct it

never mind about the black face thing, i fixed that can some one help with the other problems?

I think it sounds more like a missing mesh and texture problem rather than a script problem. I suggest you slowly and systematically start undoing all the recent changes you have made. Disable all your recent mod installations one by one. When the game starts working right, you will know which mod is causing problems. Hopefully you have not damaged your directories of meshes and textures. It would be a real pain, but if that had happened, you might have to reinstall a lot of meshes and textures from your mods. You might identify a particular mesh which is missing, and trace it's file path to be sure it is where it belongs. That might clue you in to what is going on in general.

Are you saying you went down from OBSE v18 to v17 or that you put OBSE v17 on your computer with no previous versions?

Additionally, would I be correct in guessing that you put OBSE v17 on your computer in order to use another mod that stated it required it? And if so, could you list those mods?

I only Put obse V17 on and have just downloaded obse v18 but it is not installed

the mods I have That require obse v17 are as follows (but the main reason for getting obse is to have werewolves in the game the mod is called The Curse Of Hircine)

The Curse of Hircine

Cls sailboats obse v1

and several other ones i cant remember them at this time

I have had no other previouse versions of obse

As for the black faces i have fixed that, the bodies are still missing. The clothes show up though on all npcs and the pc, so there is no prob with the clothes. And I can and have fixed the place holder things so that is done, i figured that one out.