Installing the dlc makes fallout 3 unplayable

slashkamei

When I install the main game itself it runs fine, but when I install the dlc from the GOTY disk, it says that it can't find the fallout3.exe file yet I see it in the folder and the only thing I can do to fix it is uninstall and reinstall F3, anyone know why its doing this and how to fix it?

When I install the main game itself it runs fine, but when I install the dlc from the GOTY disk, it says that it can't find the fallout3.exe file yet I see it in the folder and the only thing I can do to fix it is uninstall and reinstall F3, anyone know why its doing this and how to fix it?

well I'm not entirely sure what the deal with the GOTY disc is, but aren't the DLC's just a couple files you put in the data folder ?

anyways, try this:

install F3

then go here: http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/downloads/updates.html

download the 1.7 patch install that one

and then open up the DLC disc('s) and copy the *.bsa and *.esm files in Fallout 3\Data\

for Anchorage for example that would be:

Anchorage - Main.bsa

Anchorage - Sounds.bsa

Anchorage.esm

load up the Fallout Launcher, click on data files, and check everything it shows (1 entry for each DLC).

and then click on play, I don't think anyone ever had a start problem like that before

I tried to patch it and it came up with the same error...I have no idea whats causing it to do this.

This is what shows up: "The ordinal 5360 could not be located in the dynamic link libray xlive.dll"

anyone know what it means?

it means games for Windows Live broke it or simply put: Microsoft's moneywhoring broke it.

you pretty much have 2 choices here:

1: go download the latest version of GFWL can be found here:

http://www.microsoft.com/games/en-us/live/...arketplace.aspx

2: install FOMM (which is never a bad thing to do)

and under tweaks you should find: install fake xlive dll

Installs a fake version of the games for windows live dll

Prevents fallout from loading the real xlive.dll at all, and enables some extra code patching options that require disabling g4wl's hash checking

Improves program startup time, and possibly fps

Do not use if you use DLC or want achievements

Additional code patching options can be accessed by clicking 'settings'

The save games associated with g4wl profiles can still be accessed by clicking settings and using an offline profile

but seing as you want to use DLC's, try option 1 first, download the latest version of GFWL and install that one

I got my copy of Goty today & since the DLC actually install to Fallout3's "data" folder they should be able to be used as any mod assuming spammster's 2nd choice was chosen.

so choose 1 if achievements are a must have & 2 if you want to play offline.