GOTY Problems DLC and Mods no longer letting me sign into Live.

dariak11

So last night I went on a modding spree and now that i have them all in there place my Windows Live no longer wants to sign in.

I'm going to try and restart my computer to see if that changes anything so I'll be right back. :confused:

FOMM with FOSE Doesn't even let me access my live to attempt to sign in. :verymad:

Any advice or clues to what's going on? I'll post a mod list when I get back. :closedeyes:

you cant log onto live with mods as it sees there is something wrong with the files, probably is a copy protection thing gone wrong, welcome to the forums (from a fellow newb)

Well, when I don't use Fomm and Fose to load up FO3 I'm able to sign in, and some mods still work.

But when I load through Fose to use Enclave Commander and RTS (Real time Settler) It doesn't even want to try.

So far my solution has just been to split play, one with the mods and the other for earning the achievements.

Bummer though...

Thanks for the welcome!

yeah, that's right about FOSE

From the FOSE site.

* FOSE is incompatible with Windows Live, so when running via fose_loader.exe, Live will be disabled. As Live operates as a cheat-detection tool similar to Punkbuster or VAC, FOSE's in-memory modifications are inherently incomptible. Don't worry about being banned or anything like that, everything still works when running Fallout normally. To download DLC, launch fallout3.exe directly instead of via the loader. After downloading the DLC, you will then need to move the DLC files in to the Fallout data folders to use them like any other mod.

yeah, that's right about FOSE

From the FOSE site.

* FOSE is incompatible with Windows Live, so when running via fose_loader.exe, Live will be disabled. As Live operates as a cheat-detection tool similar to Punkbuster or VAC, FOSE's in-memory modifications are inherently incomptible. Don't worry about being banned or anything like that, everything still works when running Fallout normally. To download DLC, launch fallout3.exe directly instead of via the loader. After downloading the DLC, you will then need to move the DLC files in to the Fallout data folders to use them like any other mod.

Thanks for the info, that's very helpful. :thumbsup: